Week 15 playoff picture
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Dec 10, 2008
Wow, big week in terms of its impact on the playoff picture. As many as seven postseason spots could be wrapped up this week, as the Vikings, Bucs, Panthers, Broncos, Steelers, Colts and Ravens all have a chance to clinch.
Considering that three spots were secured last week (Giants, Titans, Cardinals), we could find ourselves in a very rare situation in the NFL: a season in which only two spots were up for grabs over the final two weeks of the season.
CLINCHED: N.Y. Giants – NFC East.
Arizona – NFC West.
ELIMINATED: Detroit, St. Louis, San Francisco, Seattle.
NEW YORK GIANTS
NY Giants clinch a first-round bye with:
1) NYG win or tie OR
2) MIN loss + ATL loss or tie OR
3) MIN loss + CAR win or tie OR
4) MIN-ARI game ends in a tie.
Minnesota clinches NFC North Division with:
· MIN win + CHI loss.
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Tampa Bay clinches a playoff spot with:
1) TB win + DAL loss or tie OR
2) TB win + PHI loss or tie.
Carolina clinches a playoff spot with:
1) CAR win + DAL loss or tie OR
2) CAR win or tie + ATL loss or tie OR
3) CAR tie + DAL loss + PHI loss or tie OR
4) ATL loss + DAL loss + WAS loss or tie OR
5) ATL loss + DAL loss + CHI loss or tie OR
6) ATL loss + PHI loss + WAS loss or tie + CHI loss or tie.
CLINCHED: Tennessee – AFC South and first-round bye.
ELIMINATED: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Oakland.
Tennessee clinches homefield advantage throughout AFC playoffs with:
1) TEN win + PIT loss or tie OR
2) TEN tie + PIT loss.
Denver clinches AFC West Division with:
1) DEN win or tie OR
2) SD loss or tie.
Pittsburgh clinches AFC North Division and a first-round bye with:
· PIT win.
Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot with:
1) PIT tie + NE loss or tie OR
2) PIT tie + MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie OR
3) NE loss + NYJ loss or tie OR
4) NE loss + MIA loss or tie OR
5) NYJ loss + MIA loss.
Indianapolis clinches a playoff spot with:
1) IND win + NE loss + NYJ loss or tie OR
2) IND win + NE loss + MIA loss or tie OR
3) IND win + MIA loss + NYJ loss.
Baltimore clinches a playoff spot with:
1) BAL win + NE loss + NYJ loss or tie OR
2) BAL win + NE loss + MIA loss or tie OR
3) BAL win + MIA loss + NYJ loss + IND loss or tie OR
4) BAL win + MIA loss + NYJ loss + IND clinches strength of victory
tiebreaker over MIA.
From our partners
- Peyton Manning More Prolific Than Previously Thought
- Texans Roll Into Pittsburgh And Roll Over For Steelers
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego & Denver: Experts In Red Zone Offensive Efficiency
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Weakness for One-Loss Teams
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team