Week 15 broadcast maps: pitched playoff-style battles
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Dec 11, 2008
These nifty NFL broadcast maps are provided each week courtesy of the fine folks at the506.com. The maps offer some cool collages highlighting what Pigskin America is watching each Sunday.
The maps also provide some insight into the NFL, the hot teams, the psyche of fans and the goals of the big pro football broadcasters.
With a small slate of uninspiring early games, the Bills-Jets battle gets top billing in the time slot. The rest of you will probably be over on Fox watching Tampa-Atlanta.
If the early slate features few games and even fewer compelling match-ups, the network makes up for it with a pair of playoff-worthy battles in the late slot. In fact, the nation is just about evenly split geographically between the huge Pittsburgh-Baltimore battle for AFC North supremacy, which gets the top crew of Nantz-Simms, and what's shaped up as an interesting Denver-Carolina contest. New England-Oakland gets only regional coverage and probably deserves even less.
Atlanta's rising star Matt Ryan gets some of his most widespread coverage of the year as the NFC North's key Bucs-Falcons battle will be seen throughout the Deep South, along with in far-flung regions from upstate New York to Southern California. However, the star-studded Minnesota-Arizona showdown, which also impacts the NFC playoff picture, is the biggest game in the eyes of the network, drawing the No. 1 crew of Buck-Aikman.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos