Week 14 NFL Snapshots: Litmus Test Continues
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
Hindsight is 20/20, and it's a cruel mistress.
Shame the NFL cannot flex out Thursday games; the home network is stuck with a garbage battle in Houston at Jacksonville. The only consequence of a result is if the Jaguars win, in which case Houston is eliminated from playoff contention. Even if the Texans win, they could still be eliminated by 4 PM EST Sunday, thanks to five other games serving as 'spoiler' (no more than Houston's spoiled their own season, mind you).
I say just come out and admit what a crap game is at hand, and bring in likely top ten picks next year for a pregame ceremony. Add some auspice by having Teddy Bridgewater, Anthony Barr, Jadeveon Clowney, and hell, Johnny Manziel on hand. Admit the game is basically a device for sorting out the draft order, and nothing else.
Good thing a fine commentary team like Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock are getting Denver the following week, because their final game together in 2013 shouldn't be a bag of medical waste taking on a festering sinkhole.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review