Week 14 NFL Snapshots: Litmus Test Continues
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
Hindsight is 20/20, and it's a cruel mistress.
Shame the NFL cannot flex out Thursday games; the home network is stuck with a garbage battle in Houston at Jacksonville. The only consequence of a result is if the Jaguars win, in which case Houston is eliminated from playoff contention. Even if the Texans win, they could still be eliminated by 4 PM EST Sunday, thanks to five other games serving as 'spoiler' (no more than Houston's spoiled their own season, mind you).
I say just come out and admit what a crap game is at hand, and bring in likely top ten picks next year for a pregame ceremony. Add some auspice by having Teddy Bridgewater, Anthony Barr, Jadeveon Clowney, and hell, Johnny Manziel on hand. Admit the game is basically a device for sorting out the draft order, and nothing else.
Good thing a fine commentary team like Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock are getting Denver the following week, because their final game together in 2013 shouldn't be a bag of medical waste taking on a festering sinkhole.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team