Week 14 NFL Snapshots: Litmus Test Continues
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
Hindsight is 20/20, and it's a cruel mistress.
Shame the NFL cannot flex out Thursday games; the home network is stuck with a garbage battle in Houston at Jacksonville. The only consequence of a result is if the Jaguars win, in which case Houston is eliminated from playoff contention. Even if the Texans win, they could still be eliminated by 4 PM EST Sunday, thanks to five other games serving as 'spoiler' (no more than Houston's spoiled their own season, mind you).
I say just come out and admit what a crap game is at hand, and bring in likely top ten picks next year for a pregame ceremony. Add some auspice by having Teddy Bridgewater, Anthony Barr, Jadeveon Clowney, and hell, Johnny Manziel on hand. Admit the game is basically a device for sorting out the draft order, and nothing else.
Good thing a fine commentary team like Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock are getting Denver the following week, because their final game together in 2013 shouldn't be a bag of medical waste taking on a festering sinkhole.
- Saints At Panthers Quality Stats Breakdown
- Kyle Orton Brings The Bubby Back
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team