Week 13 broadcast maps: big Sunday for AFC
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Nov 28, 2008
These nifty NFL broadcast maps are provided each week courtesy of the fine folks at the506.com. The maps offer some cool collages highlighting what Pigskin America is watching each Sunday.
The maps also provide some insight into the NFL, the hot teams, the psyche of fans and the goals of the big pro football broadcasters.
A small, poor early slate is dominated by Indy-Cleveland, which will be shown in almost every market coast to coast, except in regional markets for the Miami-St. Louis and Baltimore-Cincy yawners.
The perpetual appeal of Brett Favre, not to mention the rising appeal of the Jets, is evident by the fact that Denver-NYJ attracts the widest distribution in the late slot for CBS; however, Pittsburgh-New England will be shown in the bulk of the big East Coast and Southern markets and gets the network's top Sunday crew of Gumbel-Dierdorf (Nantz-Simms called the Turkey Day turkey between the Titans and Lions).
Another week on Fox, another pivotal NFC East battle being shown across the country. The Giants-Redskins game will be seen pretty much from coast to coast, with the rest of the slate drawing only regional coverage.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Week 14 Scores And Stats
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Week 14 NFL Snapshots: Litmus Test Continues
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate
Must See Videos