Week 13 broadcast maps: big Sunday for AFC
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Nov 28, 2008
These nifty NFL broadcast maps are provided each week courtesy of the fine folks at the506.com. The maps offer some cool collages highlighting what Pigskin America is watching each Sunday.
The maps also provide some insight into the NFL, the hot teams, the psyche of fans and the goals of the big pro football broadcasters.
A small, poor early slate is dominated by Indy-Cleveland, which will be shown in almost every market coast to coast, except in regional markets for the Miami-St. Louis and Baltimore-Cincy yawners.
The perpetual appeal of Brett Favre, not to mention the rising appeal of the Jets, is evident by the fact that Denver-NYJ attracts the widest distribution in the late slot for CBS; however, Pittsburgh-New England will be shown in the bulk of the big East Coast and Southern markets and gets the network's top Sunday crew of Gumbel-Dierdorf (Nantz-Simms called the Turkey Day turkey between the Titans and Lions).
Another week on Fox, another pivotal NFC East battle being shown across the country. The Giants-Redskins game will be seen pretty much from coast to coast, with the rest of the slate drawing only regional coverage.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos