Week 11 broadcast maps: God have mercy on the souls of Criqui-Cross
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Nov 19, 2009
Our weekly look at which markets are getting what games from the networks, courtesy of the gang at the506.com. The broadcast maps provide some interesting insight into which games the networks find provide the most national interest and value.
The Old Master vs. the Young Buck, a Colts-Ravens game with playoff implications and with Indy's unbeaten season on the line, will be the most widely seen contest in the nation Sunday afternoon. The game generates coverage across the vast majority of the nation and the network's No. 2 crew of Gumbel-Dierdorf.
If you look really, really hard you'll see towns that will suffer the indignity of watching the Browns-Lions debacle. God have mercy on the souls of Criqui-Cross for being damned to this hell.
The late slate is split almost evenly between the two big regional battles with playoff implications, Jets-Patriots in the AFC East and Chargers-Broncos in the AFC West. The big-market New York-New England showdown draws CBS's No. 1 crew ahead of the other big AFC games of the day, Indy-Baltimore and San Diego-Denver, both featuring smaller-market teams.
The network's top crew of Buck-Aikman marks the 36th anniversary of JFK's assassination the way they mark pretty much every Sunday of the football season, by sitting near the scene of the crime in the broadcast booth of their second home at Cowboys Stadium. America's Capital vs. America's Team generates Fox's widest coverage of the week. The rest of the slate, with several games that have playoff implications, garner largely regional coverage.
The unbeaten Saints, meanwhile, continue to have trouble generating the kind of widespread exposure generally reserved for teams like the Cowboys, Colts, Patriots and Steelers. New Orleans-Tampa will be seen only along the Gulf Coast.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos