Week 1 NFL broadcast maps: Packers-Eagles dominate coverage
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 07, 2010
Our cartographically gifted friends from The506.com are back again with their awesome NFL broadcast maps, telling you and us which games matter most – and least – in the eyes of the networks.
The "pundits" say the Patriots are on the decline. The networks say Tom Brady & Co. are still a big draw – as is a foursome of the league's most prolific and high profile receivers. New England, with Randy Moss and Wes Welker, hosts Cincinnati, with Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, drawing CBS's top crew of Nantz-Simms. The game will be seen across most of the Eastern Seaboard, much of the Midwest, and in the Pacific Northwest and Southwest. The big AFC South statement game showdown between the old warriors from Indy and the upstarts from Houston garners the No. 2 crew of Gumbel-Dierdorf.
The Panthers-Giants battle is the hour's big draw with the network's No. 2 crew of Albert-Johnston-Siragusa and coverage across about two-thirds of the country, including the big markets on both coasts.
You can count on the No. 1 crew of Buck-Aikman calling the Cowboys on the big Fox broadcast almost every week. But here in kickoff of the 2010 season, the Cowboys visit the Redskins in NBC's Sunday night national game. So Buck-Aikman handle the potentially explosive Packers-Eagles showdown in Philly. The game draws the widest coverage of any afternoon game in Week 1.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- FF Champs Radio: Today From 12-2 pm ET
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- College Football Awards: Regular Season Finale Edition
- Brady on Gronk Injury: "No one feel sorry for us".
Must See Videos