Week 1 NFL broadcast maps: Packers-Eagles dominate coverage
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 07, 2010
Our cartographically gifted friends from The506.com are back again with their awesome NFL broadcast maps, telling you and us which games matter most – and least – in the eyes of the networks.
The "pundits" say the Patriots are on the decline. The networks say Tom Brady & Co. are still a big draw – as is a foursome of the league's most prolific and high profile receivers. New England, with Randy Moss and Wes Welker, hosts Cincinnati, with Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, drawing CBS's top crew of Nantz-Simms. The game will be seen across most of the Eastern Seaboard, much of the Midwest, and in the Pacific Northwest and Southwest. The big AFC South statement game showdown between the old warriors from Indy and the upstarts from Houston garners the No. 2 crew of Gumbel-Dierdorf.
The Panthers-Giants battle is the hour's big draw with the network's No. 2 crew of Albert-Johnston-Siragusa and coverage across about two-thirds of the country, including the big markets on both coasts.
You can count on the No. 1 crew of Buck-Aikman calling the Cowboys on the big Fox broadcast almost every week. But here in kickoff of the 2010 season, the Cowboys visit the Redskins in NBC's Sunday night national game. So Buck-Aikman handle the potentially explosive Packers-Eagles showdown in Philly. The game draws the widest coverage of any afternoon game in Week 1.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos