Todd English's gameday grilled flank steak
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 26, 2005
Todd English is one of the nation's top chefs, with restaurants all across the country. He began in our hometown of Boston, with Olives in Charlestown.
Like most top chefs, he likes to kick back every now and then with some good tailgate-worthy dishes. This is one he shared with us. It's grilled flank steak that he suggests serving with a tasty and easy to make cilantro marinade. Serves 4.
- 2 lbs. of skirt or flank steak
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Make the cilantro marinade. Place the steak in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
On gameday, prepare the grill or preheat the broiler. Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Sprinkle both sides of the steak with the salt and pepper. Grill or broil for about 5 minutes per side medium rare, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
Thinly slice on diagonal and serve.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- TNF Preview: Washington Better Than NYG In 18 of 21 Quality Sats
- NFL Week 4 Preview
- NFL Week 4 Game Capsules
- Chicago Capitalizes On Jet's Mistakes On Monday Night
- History Says Arizona, Cincinnati and Philadelphia Will Make Playoffs
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
Must See Videos