Todd English's gameday grilled flank steak
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 26, 2005
Todd English is one of the nation's top chefs, with restaurants all across the country. He began in our hometown of Boston, with Olives in Charlestown.
Like most top chefs, he likes to kick back every now and then with some good tailgate-worthy dishes. This is one he shared with us. It's grilled flank steak that he suggests serving with a tasty and easy to make cilantro marinade. Serves 4.
- 2 lbs. of skirt or flank steak
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Make the cilantro marinade. Place the steak in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
On gameday, prepare the grill or preheat the broiler. Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Sprinkle both sides of the steak with the salt and pepper. Grill or broil for about 5 minutes per side medium rare, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
Thinly slice on diagonal and serve.
From our partners
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team