Todd English's gameday grilled flank steak
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 26, 2005
Todd English is one of the nation's top chefs, with restaurants all across the country. He began in our hometown of Boston, with Olives in Charlestown.
Like most top chefs, he likes to kick back every now and then with some good tailgate-worthy dishes. This is one he shared with us. It's grilled flank steak that he suggests serving with a tasty and easy to make cilantro marinade. Serves 4.
- 2 lbs. of skirt or flank steak
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Make the cilantro marinade. Place the steak in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
On gameday, prepare the grill or preheat the broiler. Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Sprinkle both sides of the steak with the salt and pepper. Grill or broil for about 5 minutes per side medium rare, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
Thinly slice on diagonal and serve.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate
Must See Videos