The Ten Biggest Plays of Championship Weekend
By Tom Pollin
Championship Sunday is over and the stage is set for the battle of the Harbaughs in Super Bowl XLVII.
In the NFC Championship Game, the San Francisco 49ers spotted the Atlanta Falcons to a 17-0 lead before coming back to win 28-24. The 49ers are going to their first Super Bowl since the 1995 postseason when they crushed the San Diego Chargers 49-26 in Super Bowl XXIX.
Colin Kaepernick overcame another slow start to complete 16 passes in 21 attempts for 224-yards, 1 TD, 0 INT's and a 127.7 Passer Rating.
Matt Ryan completed 30 of 42 for 396-yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT and a 114.8 Passer Rating but his two turnovers, interception and fumbled shotgun snap, played a big part in the Falcons scoreless second half.
In Foxboro, the Baltimore Ravens dominated the second half to send the Patriots home one game early 28-13.
Joe Flacco outplayed Tom Brady with three touchdown passes and a 106.2 Passer Rating to Brady's 62.3 final rating.
Here are the plays from Sunday's action that put the 49ers and Ravens in Super Bowl XLVIII
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team