The Ten Biggest Plays of Championship Weekend
By Tom Pollin
Championship Sunday is over and the stage is set for the battle of the Harbaughs in Super Bowl XLVII.
In the NFC Championship Game, the San Francisco 49ers spotted the Atlanta Falcons to a 17-0 lead before coming back to win 28-24. The 49ers are going to their first Super Bowl since the 1995 postseason when they crushed the San Diego Chargers 49-26 in Super Bowl XXIX.
Colin Kaepernick overcame another slow start to complete 16 passes in 21 attempts for 224-yards, 1 TD, 0 INT's and a 127.7 Passer Rating.
Matt Ryan completed 30 of 42 for 396-yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT and a 114.8 Passer Rating but his two turnovers, interception and fumbled shotgun snap, played a big part in the Falcons scoreless second half.
In Foxboro, the Baltimore Ravens dominated the second half to send the Patriots home one game early 28-13.
Joe Flacco outplayed Tom Brady with three touchdown passes and a 106.2 Passer Rating to Brady's 62.3 final rating.
Here are the plays from Sunday's action that put the 49ers and Ravens in Super Bowl XLVIII
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate