The Ten Biggest Plays of Championship Weekend
By Tom Pollin
Championship Sunday is over and the stage is set for the battle of the Harbaughs in Super Bowl XLVII.
In the NFC Championship Game, the San Francisco 49ers spotted the Atlanta Falcons to a 17-0 lead before coming back to win 28-24. The 49ers are going to their first Super Bowl since the 1995 postseason when they crushed the San Diego Chargers 49-26 in Super Bowl XXIX.
Colin Kaepernick overcame another slow start to complete 16 passes in 21 attempts for 224-yards, 1 TD, 0 INT's and a 127.7 Passer Rating.
Matt Ryan completed 30 of 42 for 396-yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT and a 114.8 Passer Rating but his two turnovers, interception and fumbled shotgun snap, played a big part in the Falcons scoreless second half.
In Foxboro, the Baltimore Ravens dominated the second half to send the Patriots home one game early 28-13.
Joe Flacco outplayed Tom Brady with three touchdown passes and a 106.2 Passer Rating to Brady's 62.3 final rating.
Here are the plays from Sunday's action that put the 49ers and Ravens in Super Bowl XLVIII
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Oh The Horror: Jaguars Titans TNF Preview
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team