The Ten Biggest Plays of Championship Weekend
By Tom Pollin
Championship Sunday is over and the stage is set for the battle of the Harbaughs in Super Bowl XLVII.
In the NFC Championship Game, the San Francisco 49ers spotted the Atlanta Falcons to a 17-0 lead before coming back to win 28-24. The 49ers are going to their first Super Bowl since the 1995 postseason when they crushed the San Diego Chargers 49-26 in Super Bowl XXIX.
Colin Kaepernick overcame another slow start to complete 16 passes in 21 attempts for 224-yards, 1 TD, 0 INT's and a 127.7 Passer Rating.
Matt Ryan completed 30 of 42 for 396-yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT and a 114.8 Passer Rating but his two turnovers, interception and fumbled shotgun snap, played a big part in the Falcons scoreless second half.
In Foxboro, the Baltimore Ravens dominated the second half to send the Patriots home one game early 28-13.
Joe Flacco outplayed Tom Brady with three touchdown passes and a 106.2 Passer Rating to Brady's 62.3 final rating.
Here are the plays from Sunday's action that put the 49ers and Ravens in Super Bowl XLVIII
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012