The immortal Swayze has cancer
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Mar 09, 2008
Word trickled out of La-La Land last week that no less a singular force in pop culture than Swayze, best known among the CHFF set for his roll as the bouncer Dalton in Road House, has cancer.
Somehow, Swayze become a recurring character in the Cold, Hard Football Facts chronicles over the years, mostly propelled by the curious fascination our own Frankie C. has with his seemingly immortal hero. In fact, the magnificent icon has been reduced only to a single name. Swayze.
"Remember when they tried to put Baby in a corner, and Swayze came to the rescue?" blubbered Frankie C. upon hearing the news. "That was awesome."
Added Frankie C.: "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"
Here's a look at the impact Swayze has had on the revolutionary football analysis of the Cold, Hard Football Facts.
Swayze character Dalton, bouncer at the legendary Double Deuce, serves as the inspiration of our Super Bowl bloodbath of data. (Frankie C. was going to run tours of the honky-tonk he affectionately calls D-squared until he discovered Road House was a fictional movie, not a documentary of Swayze's life.)
Even Frankie C. began to realize this "obsession with all things Swayze is probably beginning to disturb even our most ardent supporter."
Swayze gets long overdue recognition for his incredible mullet, "one part feathery pompadour, one part ass-kicking Road House warrior."
While the average CHFF reader has trouble executing the Twist, the Macarena and the YMCA, Swayze represents "the final word on male dance."
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos