The Cold, Hard Football Facts guide to bacon
Bacon, you may notice, is the building block for many of our recipes. In fact, we recommend bacon much the same way the U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends breads and cereals.
In lieu of that, get good, smoky bacon from places like Dakin Farms in Vermont, which will deliver to any part of the country. They sell sliced and bulk bacon. Use the bulk bacon and cut it into little cubes for stews, jambalayas, chilis, etc. Use the sliced bacon for good, old-fashioned frying. It is the general opinion of the 225 Club that store-bought bacon, while down-right tasty, is an abomination when compared with the thick, smoky slabs of pork belly that inhabit the higher branches of bacon's evolutionary tree.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review