The Cold, Hard Football Facts guide to bacon
Bacon, you may notice, is the building block for many of our recipes. In fact, we recommend bacon much the same way the U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends breads and cereals.
In lieu of that, get good, smoky bacon from places like Dakin Farms in Vermont, which will deliver to any part of the country. They sell sliced and bulk bacon. Use the bulk bacon and cut it into little cubes for stews, jambalayas, chilis, etc. Use the sliced bacon for good, old-fashioned frying. It is the general opinion of the 225 Club that store-bought bacon, while down-right tasty, is an abomination when compared with the thick, smoky slabs of pork belly that inhabit the higher branches of bacon's evolutionary tree.
- Drew Brees: Call Him Mr. Primetime
- Kyle Orton Brings The Bubby Back
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team