The Cold, Hard Football Facts guide to bacon
Bacon, you may notice, is the building block for many of our recipes. In fact, we recommend bacon much the same way the U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends breads and cereals.
In lieu of that, get good, smoky bacon from places like Dakin Farms in Vermont, which will deliver to any part of the country. They sell sliced and bulk bacon. Use the bulk bacon and cut it into little cubes for stews, jambalayas, chilis, etc. Use the sliced bacon for good, old-fashioned frying. It is the general opinion of the 225 Club that store-bought bacon, while down-right tasty, is an abomination when compared with the thick, smoky slabs of pork belly that inhabit the higher branches of bacon's evolutionary tree.
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- The List: NFL's Top Performers in December
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate