The CHFF New Orleans tailgate
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jan 16, 2007
This is our plan:
The 225 Club, the Cold, Hard Football Facts girthy test-kitchen crew, is going to throw a New Orleans-style tailgate Sunday in the cardboard-box world headquarters to celebrate the Saints' first trip to the conference title game.
There are plenty of reasons for the celebration:
- New Orleans long had the proud distinction of being the fattest city in the nation ... these, in other words, are our people.
- You gotta love any city whose most famous street is named for our favorite breakfast drink, bourbon; now, they just need a Beer Alley.
- We have some good friends down at Louisiana Cookin' magazine in New Orleans, so we knew just where to turn to compile all our recipes.
- The city continues to struggle to get back on its feet. The Saints, of course, represent the Big Easy's revival. But so, too, do our friends at Louisiana Cookin'.
If you're not familiar with Louisiana Cookin', check it out. The magazine is filled with tons of great feature stories and recipes representing the best of the state's amazing cuisines.
They're also fighting to recover, just like everyone else in New Orleans. The Chief Troll had dinner with the publisher, Romney Richard, and her family down in New Orleans just a few days before Katrina rolled into town.
They got out of town, but their home and offices were wiped out. They immediately moved back to New Orleans and began rebuilding their lives – and their magazine. When we talked to them this week, they were still running everything out of a trailer – 17 months after the hurricane.
They hope to be back in a real office and a real home real soon. In the meantime, they continue to turn out a great friggin' magazine, and sent us tons of recipes for our New Orleans tailgate when we asked for them.
Here's some of the recipes we've pulled together courtesy of Richard and the crew at Louisiana Cookin':
- Crawfish pie
- Filé gumbo
- Pain perdu
- New Orleans-style meunière (butter) sauce
- Bourbon milk punch
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos