The all-powerful CHFF Fillability Index
Cold, Hard Football Facts for May 18, 2007
NFC North Fillability Index
By the Cold, Hard Football Facts staff
Sure, the Goodship Pigskin has entered the dreaded gridiron doldrums, the slow, meandering depths of the spring and summer.
That just means it's time for us to dive into an icy bath of offseason Cold, Hard Football Facts.
Most of the free-agent moves have played out. Training camp is a couple months away. The draft is over. And all the rookie "pundits" – those who live under the delusion that their opinions matter – issued those silly draft grades last week.
Now we'll see if those moves made any sense, in our annual Cold, Hard Football Facts Fillability Index.
The pigskin premise of the Fillability Index is surprisingly simple, so simple that most people don't even bother to look into it: what have teams done to fill their statistical holes from last year?
The Fillability Index lets us know.
We've looked at the statistical profile of each and every NFL team from 2006, both in terms of common stats and our all-important Quality Stats, those stats that have a direct correlation to winning football games. We then looked at their off-season moves in the context of that statistical profile and then determined if each team has made the moves it needed to improve. For example, if a team has a great passing game in 2006 and loads up on wideouts, they have not fared well in our Fillability Index. If a team couldn't stop the run, but then packed their roster with beefy nosetackles and fireplug linebackers, then they have fared well in our Fillability Index.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos