Super Bowl 47 By The Numbers
by Patrick Imig (@patrickimig)
Cold Hard Football Facts Fact Reporter
BY THE NUMBERS ...
0 - Number of people who want to listen to and watch Jack and Jackie Harbaugh on television ever again.
1 - AMERICA'S NO. 1 NETWORK IS CBS. THANKS AMERICA, FOR MAKING CBS AMERICA'S MOST WATCHED NETWORK! THE NO. 1 SHOW ON TELEVISION. THE NUMBER ONE COMEDY. THE NO. 1 NEW COMEDY! THE NO. 1 DRAMA. THE NO. 1 NEWS SHOW. ALL ON AMERICA'S NO. 1 NETWORK. THANKS AMERICA!
2. The number of points the 49ers scored when Ravens punter Sam Koch ran out of bounds in the end zone with :04 seconds left in the game. That's not nearly as notable as the representation for the number of legs on Beyonce.
3 - The over/under on how many times Ray Lewis would mention god in his postgame interview was 3. He said God once.
4. The Ravens are the fourth team since 1940 to win the Super Bowl/NFL Championship while finishing outside the top 10 in Passer Rating Differential. The Ravens finished 12th this season. Four also marks the seed of the last two Super Bowl champions, the Ravens and Giants.
5. The number of ounces in a single bag of Haribo Gummy Bears, which is now proudly endorsed by Super Bowl 47 MVP Joe Flacco.
If the fu manchu mustache didn't wow you and the flawless postseason performance failed to convince you, surely you will become a Flacco supporter knowing he endorses gummy bears.
Anything less would be uncivilized and un-American.
6. For the sixth time in eight seasons, the Super Bowl champion played 20 total games. This is code for "didn't have a bye in the playoffs".
7. The number of active quarterbacks with a Super Bowl ring, tied for the highest amount ever.
9 - The number of seasons since the team with the best regular season record won the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl-winning New England Patriots went 14-2 in 2003.
11 - Joe Flacco finished the 2012 postseason with 11 TD, 0 INT. Joe Montana threw 11/0 in the 1989 postseason. While Flacco did it over the course of four victories, Montana did it in three games. Flacco was impressive in the postseason, but Montana still rules all.
14 - Following San Francisco's loss, favored teams at the Super Bowl are now 32-14 all time.
15 - Colin Kaepernick's 15-yard touchdown run in the third quarter is the longest touchdown run by a quarterback in Super Bowl history.
19.5 - The average combined score in the Super Bowl prior to Super Bowl 47 was 26.0 - 19.5. The Ravens and 49ers obliterated that with a 34-31 showing.
29 - John Harbaugh is the 29th head coach to win the Super Bowl.
30 - Joe Flacco is the 30th quarterback to win the Super Bowl. Of those 30, 11 are in the Hall of Fame.
34 - Number of minutes in the power outage delay. You already knew this, though.
41 - The self-proclaimed greatest wide receiver of all time, Randy Moss, finished Super Bowl 47 with 41 yards on two receptions. At Super Bowl 42 when the Patriots lost to the Giants, Moss hauled in five catches for 62 yards and a touchdown. That's 7 catches for 83 yards and one touchdown in two Super Bowls. Jerry Rice had 11 catches for 215 yards and one touchdown in Super Bowl 23 alone.
44 - The Ravens under John Harbaugh are 44-5 when winning the turnover battle. They finished +1 in Super Bowl 47.
56 - Number of yards on Jacoby Jones' touchdown reception in the second quarter.
62 - Colin Kaepernick rushed for 62 yards on 7 carries, good for 8.9 Yards Per Rush.
108 - Number of yards on Jacoby Jones' touchdown return at the start of the third quarter. Also exactly twice the number of yards of Jones' touchdown reception. Definitely grounds for a debate of Super Bowl 47 MVP.
124.2 - Joe Flacco's passer rating. Chicks dig high passer ratings. So do the overweight 58-year-old men who stink up the stadium press box.
300-100-100x2 - The 49ers had a 300-yd passer, 100-yd rusher and two 100-yd receivers. And lost.
600,000 - The number of dollars, in free furniture, given away by Gardiner's Furniture in Baltimore as a result of Jacoby Jones' 108-yd kickoff return for a TD. All furniture sold between Jan. 31 and 3pm on Super Bowl Sunday is now fully redeemed for those brave purchasers. For real.
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego @ Denver: TNF Preview
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Dallas Downs New York Giants: 3 Things We Learned
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL On Sportsnet 590 The Fan Toronto
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years