Spreadapedia: 50 Week 5 Trends That Hit 60% Or Better ATS
A gorgeous harvest moon rose over Planet Pigskin this week.
It was conveniently timed for us to dig into Spreadapedia, our amazing point-spread database for CHFF Insiders, and harvest a record haul of 50 different against-the-spread trends that hit 60 percent or better against the spread.
A sneak preview of those trends appear below. You can get all 50 trends, and much more, each week by becoming a CHFF Insider.
Some of the harvest moon highlights of Spreadapedia data for Week 5
- Bill Belichick’s Patriots are dominant ATS at home, but not when coming off a monster win.
- Ken Whisenhut has the Cardinals humming on all ATS cylinders.
- Mike McCarthy’s Packers tend to underwhelm when big favorites on the road.
- Jim Harbaugh's 49ers are the NFL's most powerful ATS machine, especially at home.
- Rex Ryan is a home dog by more than a touchdown for the first time in his career.
Note in the screen capture from the Buffalo-San Francisco game below one of the powerful features of Spreadapedia: you can click "Load Game Results" to see a list of every game that meets your search, including stats, data, ATS and O/U results from that game.
CHFF Insiders can search Spreadapedia any time of day to harvest their own point-spread and over-under trends. They also get our list of trends each week, our real and spectacular picks (.500 or better ATS in 42 of 55 weeks since 2009, picking every game every week), and other Insider-only stats and analysis.
Denver +7 @ New England (O/U 51.5)
Belichick's Patriots are a perfect 3-0 straight up coming off a game in which they scored at least 50 points, but just 1-2 ATS (.333).
Atlanta -3 @ Washington (O/U 50.5)
Mike Smith is 41-27-2 ATS (.603).
Mike Smith is 10-5 ATS (.667) as a road favorite.
Arizona -1 @ St. Louis (O/U 38.5)
Ken Whisenhunt is 6-0 ATS (1.000) when favored between 1 and 2.5 points.
Ken Whisenhunt is 27-15-1 ATS (.643) against a team coming off an ATS win.
Philadelphia +3.5 @ Pittsburgh (O/U 44)
Andy Reid is 68-45-1 ATS (.602) on the road.
Andy Reid is 15-6 ATS (.714) on the road, when between 3.5- and 8-point underdog.
Green Bay -7 @ Indianapolis (O/U 48.5)
Mike McCarthy is 18-9-1 ATS (.667) on the road, against a team that didn't cover the spread in its previous game.
Cleveland +10 @ NYG (O/U 44)
The Cleveland Browns are 13-20-3 ATS (.394) since 2010
Buffalo +9.5 @ San Francisco (O/U 44.5)
Jim Harbaugh is 9-1-1 ATS (.900) at home.
(Note below: Spreadapedia also offers CHFF Insiders ALL the game results of any game that meets their search criteria.)
Tennessee +5.5 @ Minnesota (O/U 43.5)
Leslie Frazier is 4-9 straight up and 4-8-1 ATS (.333) at home.
Miami +4.5 @ Cincinnati (O/U 44.5)
Marvin Lewis is 18-33-3 ATS (.353) at home, coming off a road game.
Seattle +3 @ Carolina (O/U 44)
Pete Carroll's Seahawks are 6-12-1 ATS on the road (.333).
Chicago -4 @ Jacksonville (O/U 39.5)
Lovie Smith is 7-3-1 ATS (.700) on the road when favored by 3.5 to 8 points.
Houston -7.5 @ NYJ (O/U 40.5)
This is the largest underdog spread Rex Ryan has had at home.
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay