Slideshow: The NFL's 10 Greatest Military Veterans
NFL players, coaches and even owners have a long history of service to the country, from Pat Tillman most notably in recent years to the incredible 1,000 NFLers who served in the military during World War II. It's an incredible number that offers some insight into the incredible size and scope of the greatest conflict in world history.
Here's a quick look at the 10 of the most notable veterans in NFL history, including some of the biggest names in the annals of pro football.
This is not a comprehensive list by any means. And not a "Top 10" in that these are the best or greatest veterans on the list. Just our list of 10 very notable contributors to pro football and to our country. One notable not on this list: Jack Chevigny, the "Forrest Gump" of the gridiron and "larger than life" World War II hero who we wrote about over the summer.
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay