Scorching King of Props Continues His Reign
In the first Thanksgiving Day game, Packers wide receiver James Jones went over his total for receiving yards on a 56-yard catch and run late in the fourth quarter, giving us another prop winner.
Now 33-17 (.660) for the season, we try to stay perfect in consecutive weeks with these two plays:
Over 1½ receptions for Buccaneers running back Bobby Rainey
Bursting onto the scene with 163 rushing yards against the Falcons in Week 11, Rainey hasn’t been used much as a receiver.
He did catch two passes in that game, but he has done most of his work on the ground as the Bucs have reeled off three straight wins. The game plan figures to change against the stingy run defense of the Panthers.
Opposing teams often counter Carolina’s strength by getting the ball to their running backs in space. The Dolphins’ Lamar Miller caught four passes last week, and the Patriots’ Shane Vereen doubled that total in the previous game.
Look for similar deployment from Rainey, who had 36 receptions as a Western Kentucky senior in 2011.
Over 74½ rushing and receiving yards for Bills running back C.J. Spiller
Limited by a high ankle sprain, Spiller has largely been a disappointment this year after having a breakout season in 2012.
But he recently said that he feels good and is “ready to rock and roll come Sunday.” The Bills had the benefit of a bye last week, so Spiller should be as healthy as he’s been since suffering the injury in Week 4.
Today’s opponent is the aforementioned Falcons, who have lost five straight and field the fifth-worst run defense in the league. The game is being played on the fast track of Toronto’s Rogers Centre, where Spiller ran for 103 yards against the Seahawks last year.
Making plays as both a runner and a receiver, he should give the Canuck crowd plenty of reasons to celebrate.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team