Preseason Miracle: Brady Quinn Throws Winning Score For Seattle Seahawks
A look at the pair of Friday night preseason games:
Final Score: Seattle 17, Green Bay 10
Green Bay, WI (Sports Network) - Brady Quinn found Stephen Williams for a 42-yard touchdown midway through the fourth quarter to propel the Seattle Seahawks to a 17-10 preseason win over the Green Bay Packers.
After his first two drives ended in punts, Quinn completed three straight passes before finding the preseason standout Williams, who jumped over a Green Bay corner to reel in his third touchdown of the preseason. Williams caught two passes for 58 yards and a touchdown while the former Notre Dame quarterback went 5-for-8 for 89 yards and a score.
Russell Wilson commanded the Seattle offense for the entire first half and into the second, completing 11-of-17 passes for 126 yards with two interceptions. Marshawn Lynch took just three carries for eight yards while rookie running back Christine Michael went for 97 yards and a score on 11 rushes.
Doug Baldwin hauled in two passes for 36 yards. Aaron Rodgers lasted only a series, connecting on 4-of-7 throws for 41 yards before giving way to Graham Harrell, who put up an underwhelming 49 yards on 6-of-13 passing. The Packers have been kept out of the end zone on all five Rodgers-led drives during the preseason.
Final Score: Chicago 34, Oakland 26
Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - The Chicago Bears scored the game's first 27 points behind strong performances from Jay Cutler, Matt Forte and Michael Bush en route to defeating the Oakland Raiders, 34-26, in preseason action on Friday.
Cutler threw for a touchdown and 142 yards on 12-of-21 efficiency, while Forte racked up 76 yards on six carries with a touchdown catch. Bush added two rushing scores in the victory.
The Chicago defense harassed Oakland starting signal caller Matt Flynn, picking him off twice and limiting him to a 3-of-6 performance for 19 yards. Terrelle Pryor, though, faired much better. He completed 7-of-9 throws for 93 yards while accumulating a passing and a rushing touchdown in the second half.
- FF Champs Radio: Today From 12-2 pm ET
- NFL Games Averaging More Total Yards Than Ever
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- Wintry Images: Cinematic Snow Blankets NFL Week 14 Schedule
- Cold Hard Autopsy: Gary Kubiak And The Houston Texans