Pounding the 'Pokes
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Dec 20, 2008
(Ed. note: Pro football research Coach T.J. Troup chimed in with some tasty tidbits on Baltimore's 33-24 win over Dallas Saturday night.)
The Ravens pulled off a historic first against America's Team last night, as the only club in history to produce two 100-yard rushers in a game against the Cowboys, according to pro football researcher Coach T.J. Troup of CHFF's West Coast headquarters in Southern California.
Pounding the 'Pokes is the sure way to beat Dallas, too, reports Troup.
- The Cowboys are 2-29 (.065) this decade when the allow a 100-yard rusher.
- The Cowboys are 69-43 (.616) this decade don't allow a 100-yard rusher.
And now, of course, the Cowboys are 0-1 when allowing two backs to top 100 yards: Baltimore's Willis McGahee ripped off 108 yards and 1 TD on just 8 attempts Saturday night, while unheralded second-year man Le'Ron McClain picked up 139 yards on 22 carries.
Their totals were boosted by career-long runs for each player: McClain scored on an 82-yard run to ice the game with 18 seconds to play, while McGahee scored on a 77-yard run earlier in the fourth quarter.
The teams combined for 34 points (17 each) in a wild final quarter.
Both Dallas (9-6) and Baltimore (10-5) will battle for wildcard spots on the last week of the season. The Ravens host the Jaguars next Sunday, while the Cowboys visit the Eagles, who hold a half game lead on Dallas heading into Sunday's Week 16 action.
From our partners
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team