Pounding the 'Pokes
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Dec 20, 2008
(Ed. note: Pro football research Coach T.J. Troup chimed in with some tasty tidbits on Baltimore's 33-24 win over Dallas Saturday night.)
The Ravens pulled off a historic first against America's Team last night, as the only club in history to produce two 100-yard rushers in a game against the Cowboys, according to pro football researcher Coach T.J. Troup of CHFF's West Coast headquarters in Southern California.
Pounding the 'Pokes is the sure way to beat Dallas, too, reports Troup.
- The Cowboys are 2-29 (.065) this decade when the allow a 100-yard rusher.
- The Cowboys are 69-43 (.616) this decade don't allow a 100-yard rusher.
And now, of course, the Cowboys are 0-1 when allowing two backs to top 100 yards: Baltimore's Willis McGahee ripped off 108 yards and 1 TD on just 8 attempts Saturday night, while unheralded second-year man Le'Ron McClain picked up 139 yards on 22 carries.
Their totals were boosted by career-long runs for each player: McClain scored on an 82-yard run to ice the game with 18 seconds to play, while McGahee scored on a 77-yard run earlier in the fourth quarter.
The teams combined for 34 points (17 each) in a wild final quarter.
Both Dallas (9-6) and Baltimore (10-5) will battle for wildcard spots on the last week of the season. The Ravens host the Jaguars next Sunday, while the Cowboys visit the Eagles, who hold a half game lead on Dallas heading into Sunday's Week 16 action.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos