Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford Set Historic Passing Records in Week 5
WEEK 5 -- A LOOK BACK (FROM NFL MEDIA SERVICES)
MANNING ON THE MARK: Denver quarterback PEYTON MANNING passed for 414 yards and four touchdowns in the Broncos’ win. Manning now has 20 touchdown passes this season, the most through the first five games of a season in NFL history.
MOST TD PASSES IN FIRST 5 GAMES
Green Bay Packers
New England Patriots
Additionally, Manning threw four touchdown passes on Sunday before his first interception. Manning passed for 20 touchdowns before his first interception, the longest such streak to start a season in league history.
CONSECUTIVE TD PASSES W/OUT INT TO START SEASON
-- NFL --
LIONS ROAR: Detroit quarterback MATTHEW STAFFORD played in his 50th career game on Sunday at Green Bay. Stafford has totaled 14,331 career passing yards, the most passing yards in NFL history through a player’s first 50 games.
The quarterbacks with the most passing yards through their first 50 career games in NFL history:
PASSING YARDS THROUGH FIRST 50 GAMES
- FF Champs Radio: Today From 12-2 pm ET
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- College Football Awards: Regular Season Finale Edition
- Brady on Gronk Injury: "No one feel sorry for us".