Penn State fan calls penalties 'our 9-11'
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 25, 2012
Check out this video here: Penn State fan compares the penalties against the school for covering up the rape of children to 9-11 -- you know, that time when 3,000 innocent Americans (and others) were incinerated by whacked-out terrorists.
You can't make this stuff up, folks. We know the NCAA penalties are a kick in the nuts for Penn State fans. We know it hurts. We know conspiracy theories abound, too ... many quite intriguing, actually, involving unexplained deaths of varioius investigators. We know the Penn State football program provided you so much joy for so long.
But the reality is that little boys were raped under the watch of the football program. You might want to think twice before you compare the case to 9-11.
And, as the signs at the right show, plenty of people are still in Joe Paterno's camp.
File under: reality check.
Read more: 9/11, Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, NCAA, Nittany Lions, Penn State, Penn State football, Penn State University
From our partners
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team