Our pick: Tennessee vs. Pittsburgh
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 09, 2009
Hey, there's a game tonight!
About time – it's been 221 days since the last NFL contest flickered across our grainy old black & white. We think it was on right after the Ed Sullivan Show. That was well more than half a year ago, at least on the Gregorian calendar, for those of you keeping score at home.
So let's get to it.
We'll be publishing quick picks throughout the years. Here's a look at tonight's contest.
Tennessee at Pittsburgh (-5.5)
We said earlier that this game is a d*ck-measuring contest in the AFC: the league's best team in the 2008 regular season vs. the Super Bowl champs. But that was then. This is now.
We're fairly confident the Steelers can live up to the regular-season standards of 2008 (the playoffs might prove to be a different story). But we don't believe the Titans can live up to the standards of 2008. Specifically, we believe Collins was not a champion-caliber quarterback last year and probably won't be again this year. Plus, the Tennessee defense will not be as good as it was last year.
However, it's worth noting that Collins was great against Pittsburgh last December. The Titans dominated the game, 31-14, while Collins completed 20 of 29 passes (69.0%) for 215 yards, 7.4 YPA, 1 TD, 0 INT and a 101.9 passer rating. It was probably his best game of the year, especially considering the quality of Pittsburgh's pass defense.
In fact, it was Pittsburgh's only blemish over the final 10 games of the year. But
we see a different outcome this time around.
Pittsburgh 24, Tennessee 20
From our partners
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team