Nick Foles Still The King of the QB Mountain
Arizona at Philadelphia (-3.5)
CHFF Pick: Philadelphia 21, Arizona 20
Final Score: Philadelphia 24, Arizona 21
CHFF Result: Straight Up Win, ATS win
It’s Nick Foles’ world, we’re just living in it.
The second-year Philly quarterback has exploded onto the scene here in 2013, salvaging what looked like a hopeless Eagles season with utterly brilliant production.
Foles against the Cardinals completed 21 of 34 passes for 237 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT (and 0 turnovers) with a 112.0 passer rating.
For the season, Foles has thrown 19 touchdowns, rushed for a score, avoided a single interception and has lost just one fumble.
He stands just two TD passes shy of matching Peyton Manning's record of 21 scoring throws without an INT to start a season; and he's thrown a team-record 233 passes without a pick.
Most importantly for Philadelphia, the Eagles are 5-1 in games started by Foles; and 6-1 when he's done the bulk of the work (he replaced Michael Vick in a win over the Giants back in Week 5.
The Eagles had suffered three straight losses heading into that Giants game.
Foles Week 13 performance came against a stout, prolific Cardinals’ defense (it entered the game No. 9 in Defensive Passer Rating, No. 5 in Defensive Real QB Rating, No. 8 in scoring defense). And still, Foles came out with a near flawless performance.
The worst news for Foles: his 112 passer rating will bring down his season total of 128.0, best in the NFL entering the weekend.
Things are going well for Foles and the Eagles.
On the other side of the birds, Carson Palmer reverted back to early season form with two interceptions and a lost fumble.
Up Next: 7-5 Arizona hosts St. Louis while 7-5 Philadelphia hosts 7-5 Detroit.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review