NFL Playoffs: TV Ratings Monster
DIVISIONAL WEEKEND AVERAGES 34 MILLION VIEWERS
FOR RECORD FOURTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
CHARGERS-BRONCOS ON CBS SECOND MOST-WATCHED
SUNDAY AFC DIVISIONAL IN 26 YEARS
8 NFL GAMES RANK AS ONLY TV SHOWS WITH 30 MILLION VIEWERS
SINCE ACADEMY AWARDS
For a record fourth consecutive year, the four Divisional Playoff games combined to average more than 34 million viewers and accounted for the four most-watched shows on television last week (chart below).
Sunday afternoon’s San Diego Chargers-Denver Broncos game on CBS drew 41.2 million viewers ranking as the second most-watched AFC Sunday Divisional Playoff since at least 1987 (New York Jets-New England Patriots 1/16/11, 43.5 million).
Since the 2013 Academy Awards, eight NFL games have accounted for the only programs on television to average 30 million viewers – four Divisional playoff games, three Wild Card playoff games, and CBS’ Thanksgiving Day Game.
Most-Watched Shows on Television, Week of Jan. 6-12, 2014
1. CBS Sunday Divisional Playoff (Chargers-Broncos)
2. FOX Sunday Divisional Playoff (49ers-Panthers)
3. CBS Saturday Divisional Playoff (Colts-Patriots)
4. FOX Saturday Divisional Playoff (Saints-Seahawks)
5. ESPN BCS Championship (Florida State-Auburn)
6. Golden Globes
8. Big Bang Theory
9. 60 Minutes
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team