NFL Divisional Snapshots: The Field Narrows
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
A year ago this Saturday, we received a preview of Super Bowl XLVII, via two distinct and unforgettable performances.
Earlier in the day, top-seeded Denver coughed up a lead to the eventual champion Ravens, after Jacoby Jones burned a whiffing Rahim Moore, and then Peyton Manning sunk his own ship with an overtime interception. The "Mile High Miracle" is a rare pejorative nickname that goes against the Broncos, after the ones in which they'd embarrassed the Browns (the Ravens' old identity) in the 1980s.
Later in the day, the 49ers ran for over 300 combined yards on the Packers, who began a four-game futility streak that continued through this past weekend, in arctic Lambeau.
Might this Saturday provide the crystal-ball image of what Super Bowl XLVIII holds?
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Oh The Horror: Jaguars Titans TNF Preview
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team