NFL Divisional Snapshots: The Field Narrows
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
A year ago this Saturday, we received a preview of Super Bowl XLVII, via two distinct and unforgettable performances.
Earlier in the day, top-seeded Denver coughed up a lead to the eventual champion Ravens, after Jacoby Jones burned a whiffing Rahim Moore, and then Peyton Manning sunk his own ship with an overtime interception. The "Mile High Miracle" is a rare pejorative nickname that goes against the Broncos, after the ones in which they'd embarrassed the Browns (the Ravens' old identity) in the 1980s.
Later in the day, the 49ers ran for over 300 combined yards on the Packers, who began a four-game futility streak that continued through this past weekend, in arctic Lambeau.
Might this Saturday provide the crystal-ball image of what Super Bowl XLVIII holds?
- TNF Preview: Washington Better Than NYG In 18 of 21 Quality Sats
- NFL Week 4 Preview
- NFL Week 4 Game Capsules
- Chicago Capitalizes On Jet's Mistakes On Monday Night
- History Says Arizona, Cincinnati and Philadelphia Will Make Playoffs
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years