NFL Divisional Snapshots: The Field Narrows
by Justin Henry
Cold Hard Football Facts' Meme Machine (@jrhwriting)
A year ago this Saturday, we received a preview of Super Bowl XLVII, via two distinct and unforgettable performances.
Earlier in the day, top-seeded Denver coughed up a lead to the eventual champion Ravens, after Jacoby Jones burned a whiffing Rahim Moore, and then Peyton Manning sunk his own ship with an overtime interception. The "Mile High Miracle" is a rare pejorative nickname that goes against the Broncos, after the ones in which they'd embarrassed the Browns (the Ravens' old identity) in the 1980s.
Later in the day, the 49ers ran for over 300 combined yards on the Packers, who began a four-game futility streak that continued through this past weekend, in arctic Lambeau.
Might this Saturday provide the crystal-ball image of what Super Bowl XLVIII holds?
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay