Miami 24, New England 20: Dolphins Alter AFC Landscape
New England (-2.5) at Miami Dolphins
CHFF Pick: New England 24, Miami 20
Final Score: Miami 24, New England 20
CHFF Result: Straight Up loss; ATS loss
Miami's 24-20 victory over New England in Week 15 represents another sharp turn on the Dolphin 2013 Roller Coaster.
In the big picture of course, Miami has altered the AFC landscape, giving the Denver Broncos control of their own destiny in the race for the AFC’s top seed.
New England now has to win at Baltimore and at home vs. Buffalo and hope Denver loses one of its two final games at Houston or at Oakland.
It’s unlikely; but so too is the notion of the Dolphins sitting at 8-6 after Week 15.
The Dolphins roller coaster season started 3-0 with wins over Cleveland, Indianapolis and Atlanta. The team then lost four straight to New Orleans, Baltimore, Buffalo and New England.
Following Week 8’s 27-17 loss at New England, the 3-4 Dolphins soon entered the off-field hysteria surrounding Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito.
What followed on the field was a 22-20 overtime win against Cincinnati on Halloween, a three point loss at Tampa Bay, a 20-16 home win over San Diego and a 20-16 loss to Carolina.
Since that time, the Dolphins have won three straight over against the Jets, Steelers and Patriots.
On Sunday, Ryan Tannehill out-performed Tom Brady, completing 25/37 for 312 yards, with three touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 120.6 Passer Rating.
Brady completed 34/55 for 365 yards, two touchdowns, one interception and a modest 85.7 Passer Rating.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team