Lew's Super Bowl beer guide!
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jan 29, 2007
(Ed. Note: Cold, Hard Football Facts sud stud Lew Bryson is one of the nation's top beer experts and, for our money, the most entertaining beer writer out there. He's also authored numerous beer guide books that you can see on his web site, www.lewbryson.com. Again this year, Lew offers up his beer guide to the three Super Bowl cities. You won't get a better tour guide to Suds City.)
By Cold, Hard Football Facts sud stud Lew Bryson
Once again, we do you right with a Super Bowl Beer Guide. Watching the Super Bowl and drinking beer – we figure you can do that on your own (yes, even you there with the friggin' donut crumbs on your shirt).
But if you plan on actually being in one of the three cities involved – Chicago, Indianapolis, or Miami – it would be nice to have the relevant drinking information. I'm happy to serve as your guide here, kind of sharing my experience to make your experience bigger, better, beerier.
Let's get the bad news out of the way first: There ain't much, beer-wise anyway, in Miami or Indianapolis. Chicago, however, is filled with tons of sudsy drinking spots.
Whatever the case, I've consumed a lot of beer in all these towns and found all the best spots for you – no matter where you're watching the game. If you have any we missed, shoot us a line.
CHICAGO – A world-class beer city. Watch the Super Bowl here if you can!
INDIANAPOLIS – Not bad, but it's no Chicago.
MIAMI – Hey, at least they have hot broads to make up for the lack of good brew.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos