King of Props Swims With the Fishes Monday Night
Indianapolis running back Trent Richardson got 20 carries but somehow averaged a paltry three yards per tote, falling 11 yards short of the 71 needed to give the King of Props a perfect 2-0 record on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Brian Hoyer easily eclipsed 230.5 passing yards to make it a 1-1 afternoon.
Our record for the year now stands at 10-5, and one Monday night play looks appealing:
Over 7½ rushing yards for Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill
You wouldn’t know it by looking at his stats from the first three games, but Tannehill is a very capable runner.
Against the Falcons last week, he gained eight yards on a second-quarter scramble, but his rushing total dropped to seven yards when he took a knee to end the game.
Because he has taken 14 sacks and fumbled five times this season, Tannehill has been encouraged to get what he can in certain situations.
Tannehill exceeded this total in his last six games of 2012. Over that stretch, he had games in which he rushed for 19, 25, 33, 44, and 52 yards. Against the pressure that the Saints are sure to bring tonight, he seems likely to tuck the ball and run on a few occasions.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team