King of Props Swims With the Fishes Monday Night
Indianapolis running back Trent Richardson got 20 carries but somehow averaged a paltry three yards per tote, falling 11 yards short of the 71 needed to give the King of Props a perfect 2-0 record on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Brian Hoyer easily eclipsed 230.5 passing yards to make it a 1-1 afternoon.
Our record for the year now stands at 10-5, and one Monday night play looks appealing:
Over 7½ rushing yards for Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill
You wouldn’t know it by looking at his stats from the first three games, but Tannehill is a very capable runner.
Against the Falcons last week, he gained eight yards on a second-quarter scramble, but his rushing total dropped to seven yards when he took a knee to end the game.
Because he has taken 14 sacks and fumbled five times this season, Tannehill has been encouraged to get what he can in certain situations.
Tannehill exceeded this total in his last six games of 2012. Over that stretch, he had games in which he rushed for 19, 25, 33, 44, and 52 yards. Against the pressure that the Saints are sure to bring tonight, he seems likely to tuck the ball and run on a few occasions.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team