King of Props Keen on Pair of Young Stars
It’s beginning to sound like a broken record, as we again fell one reception short of a winner on Thursday night. Dolphins tight end Charles Clay secured all three passes thrown to him but saw half of his usual targets, failing to reach four catches and leaving us in a bit of a slump.
Now 19-14 on the season, we look to get back on track with these two props:
Over 4½ receptions for Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen
Call it stubbornness, but the King isn’t going to shy away from over bets on receptions when they offer value, and that’s the case here. Allen has emerged as San Diego’s best receiver, seeing at least six passes in each of the last four contests.
Two games ago, he was targeted a whopping 12 times against the Colts, delivering nine catches.
This week’s opponent is the Redskins, who rank near the bottom of the league in pass defense.
The Chargers, meanwhile, are coming off a bye and unquestionably used the extra time to game-plan different ways of getting Allen the ball. Quarterback Philip Rivers recently said that his rookie wideout “can be even better,” and that should manifest this afternoon.
Over 62½ rushing yards for Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell
After missing the first three weeks of the season with a foot injury, Bell has expectedly claimed the featured role at running back. In each of the last four games, he has been given at least 10 more carries than any other Pittsburgh ballcarrier.
A big early deficit limited the running game last week, but the rookie had a career-best 93 yards versus the Ravens in Week 7.
Due to a rash of injuries, the Patriots have dropped to next to last in run defense. Three of their standout up-the-middle defenders – tackles Vince Wilfork and Tommy Kelly and linebacker Jerod Mayo – are all out for the year. Assuming a competitive game, Bell should have his sights set on the century mark today.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Week 12 Quality Stats Breakdown: Vikings-Falcons
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls