Killian's Irish Red hot wings
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Aug 12, 2006
We were talking to the folks from Killian's Irish Red when they said they had a bunch of recipes using their beer. We asked them to send along one for wings and they quickly obliged.
These wings are meant to be made with Killian's Irish Red hot wing sauce (which can also be used as the sauce for your standard deep-fried Buffalo wing). Killian's calls for these wings to be baked, which means they're great for those days when you're watching the game at home.
If you plan to bring these wings to a tailgate, simply let them cool when they come out of the oven, and then refrigerate them in an airtight container and head to the game. You can then give the wings their second coating of sauce in the parking lot.
To make wings:
- 48 chicken wings, washed and patted dry
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 oz. vegetable oil
- Killian's wing sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Lightly dust chicken wings in flour mixture. Be sure coating is very light and not sticky. Heat oil in large sauté pan. Cook wings in batches of 12 until wings are lightly browned on all sides. In a large bowl, mix chicken wings and Killian's Irish Red hot wing sauce. Toss the wings, covering them generously with sauce. Place wings on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake on upper rack until dark brown, about 30 minutes, turning midway. Remove wings from oven and place them in a large clean mixing bowl. Toss with more Killian's Irish Red hot wing sauce and serve.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate
Must See Videos