Killian's Irish Red hot wings
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Aug 12, 2006
We were talking to the folks from Killian's Irish Red when they said they had a bunch of recipes using their beer. We asked them to send along one for wings and they quickly obliged.
These wings are meant to be made with Killian's Irish Red hot wing sauce (which can also be used as the sauce for your standard deep-fried Buffalo wing). Killian's calls for these wings to be baked, which means they're great for those days when you're watching the game at home.
If you plan to bring these wings to a tailgate, simply let them cool when they come out of the oven, and then refrigerate them in an airtight container and head to the game. You can then give the wings their second coating of sauce in the parking lot.
To make wings:
- 48 chicken wings, washed and patted dry
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 oz. vegetable oil
- Killian's wing sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix flour, garlic, salt and pepper. Lightly dust chicken wings in flour mixture. Be sure coating is very light and not sticky. Heat oil in large sauté pan. Cook wings in batches of 12 until wings are lightly browned on all sides. In a large bowl, mix chicken wings and Killian's Irish Red hot wing sauce. Toss the wings, covering them generously with sauce. Place wings on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake on upper rack until dark brown, about 30 minutes, turning midway. Remove wings from oven and place them in a large clean mixing bowl. Toss with more Killian's Irish Red hot wing sauce and serve.
From our partners
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team