Killian's Irish Red hot wing sauce
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Aug 12, 2006
We were talking to the folks who make Killian's Irish Red ale when they said they had a bunch of recipes using their beer. We asked them to send along one for wings and they quickly obliged.
You can make Killian Irish Red hot wing sauce here and use it to coat your standard deep-fried chicken wing at the game. However, Killian's also has their own method of making a flavorful baked wing using their sauce. Click here to see that recipe for Killian's Irish Red hot wings.
To make sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Killian's Irish red
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 16 oz. hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot, Louisiana Hot Sauce, Texas Pete's, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons honey
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic and cayenne pepper. Sauté until shallots are translucent. Add Killian's Irish Red and bring it to a boil. Continue boiling until reduced by half. Add remaining butter, hot sauce and honey. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired thickness. Can be refrigerated until ready to use. Use to coat your standard deep-fried Buffalo wing or use with Killian's Irish Red hot wings. Makes about 5 cups.
From our partners
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team