Jack Daniel's breakfast butter
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 11, 2008
The Chief Troll spent a few days last summer at the Nantucket Film Festival. It was a virtually intolerable three days spent surrounded by B-list actors, movie-making hippies and island-hopping socialites so rich that they don't care how much of their money the government steals from them and throws away at failed social-engineering programs (it makes them feel compassionate and all).
But we digress.
The Chief was invited by his beer buddies from Stella Artois, one of the festival sponsors, and beer people are always fun to hang with. Plus, the old whaling port of Nantucket is a beautiful slice of America and there are a lot of great places to eat and (especially) drink on the island.
One of the coolest things he came across was the orange Jack Daniel's butter at a great breakfast spot called Black-Eyed Susan's. They serve the bourbon-laced butter with some of their pancakes and it really adds a kick to those hangover-inspired breakfast feasts.
We think it's a great addition to any tailgate chef's breakfast repertoire.
Black-Eyed Susan's Orange Jack Daniel's Butter
1 stick of butter, room temperature
Zest of 1 orange
1 T. Jack Daniel's whiskey
Whip butter into a cream in food processor or by hand with wire whisk. Add orange zest and Jack Daniel's. Chill in the refrigerator. Serve as a side to favorite pancake or French toast dish. Serves 4.
From our partners
- Peyton Manning More Prolific Than Previously Thought
- Texans Roll Into Pittsburgh And Roll Over For Steelers
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego @ Denver: TNF Preview
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Weakness for One-Loss Teams
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team