Jack Daniel's breakfast butter
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 11, 2008
The Chief Troll spent a few days last summer at the Nantucket Film Festival. It was a virtually intolerable three days spent surrounded by B-list actors, movie-making hippies and island-hopping socialites so rich that they don't care how much of their money the government steals from them and throws away at failed social-engineering programs (it makes them feel compassionate and all).
But we digress.
The Chief was invited by his beer buddies from Stella Artois, one of the festival sponsors, and beer people are always fun to hang with. Plus, the old whaling port of Nantucket is a beautiful slice of America and there are a lot of great places to eat and (especially) drink on the island.
One of the coolest things he came across was the orange Jack Daniel's butter at a great breakfast spot called Black-Eyed Susan's. They serve the bourbon-laced butter with some of their pancakes and it really adds a kick to those hangover-inspired breakfast feasts.
We think it's a great addition to any tailgate chef's breakfast repertoire.
Black-Eyed Susan's Orange Jack Daniel's Butter
1 stick of butter, room temperature
Zest of 1 orange
1 T. Jack Daniel's whiskey
Whip butter into a cream in food processor or by hand with wire whisk. Add orange zest and Jack Daniel's. Chill in the refrigerator. Serve as a side to favorite pancake or French toast dish. Serves 4.
From our partners
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- NFL VP of Officiating Dean Blandino Talks Dez Bryant No-Catch Ruling
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team