Houston at Kansas City (-6.5); Chiefs 7-0 For First Time Since 2003
CHFF Pick: Kansas City 24, Houston 13
Final Score: Kansas City 17, Houston 16
CHFF Result: straight up win; ATS loss
A week after being embarrassed at home by St. Louis, Houston fought Kansas City to the final whistle. This game shaped up as a colossal Mental Mismatch but a funny thing happened with first-time starter Case Keenum in Kansas City: the Texans played smart football.
One week after committing seven penalties for 95 yards in the first half, the Texans committed just four infractions for 40 yards the entire game. Houston also won the turnover battle, losing one fumble while forcing one Kansas City fumble and interception. The smart play was enough to keep Houston in contention throughout.
If the Chiefs intend on being the AFC’s Super Bowl representative, the passing game will have to be better than 5.4 YPA and a 75.6 Passer Rating.
Still, Alex Smith's teams find ways to win games. He's now 27-6-1 (.809) as a starter since the start of the 2011 season, better than Peyton Manning (19-5; .792) or Tom Brady (33-11; .750) over the same time frame.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Week 12 Quality Stats Breakdown: Vikings-Falcons
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls