Houston at Kansas City (-6.5); Chiefs 7-0 For First Time Since 2003
CHFF Pick: Kansas City 24, Houston 13
Final Score: Kansas City 17, Houston 16
CHFF Result: straight up win; ATS loss
A week after being embarrassed at home by St. Louis, Houston fought Kansas City to the final whistle. This game shaped up as a colossal Mental Mismatch but a funny thing happened with first-time starter Case Keenum in Kansas City: the Texans played smart football.
One week after committing seven penalties for 95 yards in the first half, the Texans committed just four infractions for 40 yards the entire game. Houston also won the turnover battle, losing one fumble while forcing one Kansas City fumble and interception. The smart play was enough to keep Houston in contention throughout.
If the Chiefs intend on being the AFC’s Super Bowl representative, the passing game will have to be better than 5.4 YPA and a 75.6 Passer Rating.
Still, Alex Smith's teams find ways to win games. He's now 27-6-1 (.809) as a starter since the start of the 2011 season, better than Peyton Manning (19-5; .792) or Tom Brady (33-11; .750) over the same time frame.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team