Higher Learning: The All-Time Subtance Abuse Team
By Michael P. Quinn
Cold, Hard Football Facts Specialist (@PJbleedsgreen)
It takes immense talent to play in the NFL. Whether they're the starting quarterback, or on the practice squad, they've got some talent.
For the best, life is good. They're paid the big bucks, and get all the time in the spotlight. Each player put in a lifetime of work to play football at a professional level, so why not enjoy the fame?
Well, for some, enjoying the fame is a little bit more than buying nice cars and going on exotic vacations.
Over the years, the NFL has seen some of it's best talent get caught up in a world of substance abuse. Whether it's drugs, drinking or trying to "corrupt a urine-sample" (that's a new one, Von) the football world has seen it's fair shair of party animals.
Of the dozens of NFL players who have been busted since the league began the substance abuse policy in 1987, who separated themselves as the biggest "influence"?
Let's take a look at the NFL's all-time substance abuse team:
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- NFL VP of Officiating Dean Blandino Talks Dez Bryant No-Catch Ruling
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team