Higher Learning: The All-Time Subtance Abuse Team
By Michael P. Quinn
Cold, Hard Football Facts Specialist (@PJbleedsgreen)
It takes immense talent to play in the NFL. Whether they're the starting quarterback, or on the practice squad, they've got some talent.
For the best, life is good. They're paid the big bucks, and get all the time in the spotlight. Each player put in a lifetime of work to play football at a professional level, so why not enjoy the fame?
Well, for some, enjoying the fame is a little bit more than buying nice cars and going on exotic vacations.
Over the years, the NFL has seen some of it's best talent get caught up in a world of substance abuse. Whether it's drugs, drinking or trying to "corrupt a urine-sample" (that's a new one, Von) the football world has seen it's fair shair of party animals.
Of the dozens of NFL players who have been busted since the league began the substance abuse policy in 1987, who separated themselves as the biggest "influence"?
Let's take a look at the NFL's all-time substance abuse team:
- Saints At Panthers Quality Stats Breakdown
- Kyle Orton Brings The Bubby Back
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team