Higher Learning: The All-Time Subtance Abuse Team
By Michael P. Quinn
Cold, Hard Football Facts Specialist (@PJbleedsgreen)
It takes immense talent to play in the NFL. Whether they're the starting quarterback, or on the practice squad, they've got some talent.
For the best, life is good. They're paid the big bucks, and get all the time in the spotlight. Each player put in a lifetime of work to play football at a professional level, so why not enjoy the fame?
Well, for some, enjoying the fame is a little bit more than buying nice cars and going on exotic vacations.
Over the years, the NFL has seen some of it's best talent get caught up in a world of substance abuse. Whether it's drugs, drinking or trying to "corrupt a urine-sample" (that's a new one, Von) the football world has seen it's fair shair of party animals.
Of the dozens of NFL players who have been busted since the league began the substance abuse policy in 1987, who separated themselves as the biggest "influence"?
Let's take a look at the NFL's all-time substance abuse team:
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team