Heart attack cheese dip
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Aug 27, 2005
We got this recipe from reader Brad Hodgins, who describes himself as a "ugly, fat-ass pork-eating, vodka-swilling football fanatic." He's also a Bears fan from New Jersey and continued to sweet talk us when he called us a bunch of "disgusting fat pork lovers."
We don't know if he meant that we love pork fat, or if he meant that we're fat people who love pork. But, hey, in either case he's right. He also provided a nifty recipe he calls heart attack dip. He says that some people also call it bison dip, because his nickname is "the bison." However, you can call him "the mighty bison" until you get to know him.
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 1 pound venison burger or ground venison
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
In a crock pot, melt the Velveeta. Cut the skins off the hot Italian sausage and fry it up in a pan. Add the sausage to the crock pot and fry the venison burger in the pork fat. Add the fried venison burger and any remaining fat to the crock pot (the fat helps make the dip more spreadable). Add the crushed red pepper and oregano. Stir very well. Cook in the crock pot for at least an hour. The longer it cooks, the spicier it gets. If you have a power source in your vehicle (a generator, etc.) bring the entire crock pot to the game and reheat the dip there. You can also reheat it in a sturdy pan over very low heat.
Hodgins says "this is awesome on Triscuits or on those mini-loaves of rye bread. I've even spread it on a Boboli crust and made a pizza out of it once (or twice)."
From our partners
- Texans Roll Into Pittsburgh And Roll Over For Steelers
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego @ Denver: TNF Preview
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Dallas Downs New York Giants: 3 Things We Learned
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL On Sportsnet 590 The Fan Toronto
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team