Heart attack cheese dip
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Aug 27, 2005
We got this recipe from reader Brad Hodgins, who describes himself as a "ugly, fat-ass pork-eating, vodka-swilling football fanatic." He's also a Bears fan from New Jersey and continued to sweet talk us when he called us a bunch of "disgusting fat pork lovers."
We don't know if he meant that we love pork fat, or if he meant that we're fat people who love pork. But, hey, in either case he's right. He also provided a nifty recipe he calls heart attack dip. He says that some people also call it bison dip, because his nickname is "the bison." However, you can call him "the mighty bison" until you get to know him.
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese
- 1 pound venison burger or ground venison
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
In a crock pot, melt the Velveeta. Cut the skins off the hot Italian sausage and fry it up in a pan. Add the sausage to the crock pot and fry the venison burger in the pork fat. Add the fried venison burger and any remaining fat to the crock pot (the fat helps make the dip more spreadable). Add the crushed red pepper and oregano. Stir very well. Cook in the crock pot for at least an hour. The longer it cooks, the spicier it gets. If you have a power source in your vehicle (a generator, etc.) bring the entire crock pot to the game and reheat the dip there. You can also reheat it in a sturdy pan over very low heat.
Hodgins says "this is awesome on Triscuits or on those mini-loaves of rye bread. I've even spread it on a Boboli crust and made a pizza out of it once (or twice)."
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos