Finally, our complete 2007 NFL preview is here!
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 03, 2007
Kick back and soak in the wisdom, friends of the Cold, Hard Football Facts: our 2007 NFL pigskin preview is finally here!
It's a tiny little sliver of flavor before the pro football feast begins on Thursday. And, quite frankly, we haven't been this excited for a preview since the Victoria's Secret summer fashion catalog showed up at the Cold, Hard Football Facts cardboard-box world headquarters back on March 16 ... at 10:33 a.m. ... as a gentle 5 MPH zephyr rolled off the ocean, lending a salty flavor to the 38-degree late-winter air, and a black-crested roseate tern chirped gaily from his roost in the barren dogwood tree, heralding the moment. Not that we really remember the details, though.
These previews are full of so many Cold, Hard Football Facts that you'll need a Heimlich as you spit back out all the data around the water cooler.
We also offer our Cold, Hard Predictions, which are as scientific as we can find thanks to the following four hidden indicators:
1. "Real" 2006 record. Each team's number of pythagorean wins based on point differential from a year ago.
2. Success against quality opponents in 2006.
3. Final grade in our "Fillability Index" assessing offseason moves based on statistical need.
In a nutshell, we combine "How good were they really in 2006," combined with "are they better in 2007" and "who do they play?" to come up with a cold, bloodless number of wins for the upcoming season.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?
Must See Videos