Final Four QBs Elite Collection of Winners
One of the compelling storylines on Sunday is the fact that the early AFC game pits two old warhorses of NFL history, future Hall of Fame quarterbacks Tom Brady and Peyton Manning; while the late NFC game showcases hot Young Guns, the exciting Colin Kaepernick and deadly efficient Russell Wilson.
These tandems may differ dramatically in age. But they do have one thing in common: they’ve all proven an ability to win games at a historic clip.
- The four quarterbacks are a combined 393-150 (.724) in their careers (including postseason).
We already chronicled earlier this week the historic rate at which Brady and Manning have won games: Brady is No. 1 all time in win-loss differential (+116); Manning is No. 2 (+93).
But the kids are alright, too. At least so far. Each has won over 70 percent of their handful of NFL starts. So far, so good.
Here’s the career winning percentage (including postseason) of each of the Final Four QBs.
- Tom Brady – 166-50 (.769)
- Colin Kaepernick – 21-7 (.750)
- Russell Wilson – 26-9 (.743)
- Manning – 177-84 (.677)
Brady and Manning, of course, are light years ahead of Kaepernick and Wilson in total games played.
So we are not trying to say that the Young Guns are yet on par with the Old Warhorses. The youngsters have a lot to prove over the next decade before they can be placed among the same rarefied air as the Brady and Manning.
But it’s a pretty formidable collection of winners remaining, the likes of which we’re not sure we’ve ever seen on conference title weekend.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review