Fantastic Finishes: 1982 Stanford-Cal
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Oct 09, 2007
Here's a look at the end of the legendary end of the famous 1982 Stanford-Cal game, widely regarded as the most fantastic finish ever. It also features "the most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heart-rending, exciting, thrilling" radio call in the history of college football, too.
Sure, the play itself was fantastic, but history has forgotten what truly set The Play apart: it came on the heels of an amazing John Elway-led scoring drive that began with 87 seconds remaining and included a 4th-and-17 conversion from Stanford's own 13.
The rest, of course, is history.
show video here
From our partners
- Quality Stats Breakdown: Jets @ Patriots
- Fast Start Fails: Rams Succumb To Niners' Onslaught
- TNF Preview: Jets At Patriots
- Rob Gronkowski Says Patriots Offensive Linemen Should Get Laid
- Big Comebacks Now Common In Watered Down NFL
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL On Sportsnet 590 The Fan Toronto
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Quarter Mark Questions
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years