Fantastic Finishes: 1982 Stanford-Cal
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Oct 09, 2007
Here's a look at the end of the legendary end of the famous 1982 Stanford-Cal game, widely regarded as the most fantastic finish ever. It also features "the most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heart-rending, exciting, thrilling" radio call in the history of college football, too.
Sure, the play itself was fantastic, but history has forgotten what truly set The Play apart: it came on the heels of an amazing John Elway-led scoring drive that began with 87 seconds remaining and included a 4th-and-17 conversion from Stanford's own 13.
The rest, of course, is history.
show video here
From our partners
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Week 12 Quality Stats Breakdown: Vikings-Falcons
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls