Fantastic Finishes: 1982 Stanford-Cal
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Oct 09, 2007
Here's a look at the end of the legendary end of the famous 1982 Stanford-Cal game, widely regarded as the most fantastic finish ever. It also features "the most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heart-rending, exciting, thrilling" radio call in the history of college football, too.
Sure, the play itself was fantastic, but history has forgotten what truly set The Play apart: it came on the heels of an amazing John Elway-led scoring drive that began with 87 seconds remaining and included a 4th-and-17 conversion from Stanford's own 13.
The rest, of course, is history.
show video here
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review
Must See Videos