Fantastic Finishes: 1982 Stanford-Cal
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Oct 09, 2007
Here's a look at the end of the legendary end of the famous 1982 Stanford-Cal game, widely regarded as the most fantastic finish ever. It also features "the most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heart-rending, exciting, thrilling" radio call in the history of college football, too.
Sure, the play itself was fantastic, but history has forgotten what truly set The Play apart: it came on the heels of an amazing John Elway-led scoring drive that began with 87 seconds remaining and included a 4th-and-17 conversion from Stanford's own 13.
The rest, of course, is history.
show video here
From our partners
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team