Fantastic Finishes: 1982 Stanford-Cal
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Oct 09, 2007
Here's a look at the end of the legendary end of the famous 1982 Stanford-Cal game, widely regarded as the most fantastic finish ever. It also features "the most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heart-rending, exciting, thrilling" radio call in the history of college football, too.
Sure, the play itself was fantastic, but history has forgotten what truly set The Play apart: it came on the heels of an amazing John Elway-led scoring drive that began with 87 seconds remaining and included a 4th-and-17 conversion from Stanford's own 13.
The rest, of course, is history.
show video here
From our partners
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team