Fantastic Finishes: 1982 Stanford-Cal
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Oct 09, 2007
Here's a look at the end of the legendary end of the famous 1982 Stanford-Cal game, widely regarded as the most fantastic finish ever. It also features "the most amazing, sensational, dramatic, heart-rending, exciting, thrilling" radio call in the history of college football, too.
Sure, the play itself was fantastic, but history has forgotten what truly set The Play apart: it came on the heels of an amazing John Elway-led scoring drive that began with 87 seconds remaining and included a 4th-and-17 conversion from Stanford's own 13.
The rest, of course, is history.
show video here
From our partners
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team