Easy-made Buffalo wing sauce
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 26, 2005
Wing sauce is very easy to make at home. We have two recipes here. The first here is very easy to do, even on gameday. Our homemade Buffalo wing sauce simply includes added spices to kick things up a bit.
Easy hot sauce
(makes about 5 pounds of wings)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups Frank's Red Hot (or similar sauces like Texas Pete's or Louisiana Hot Sauce)
Melt butter in a skillet or pan. Add sauce and mix well. You can change the temperature by changing the proportion of butter to sauce. You may like the flavor of Frank's Red Hot all by itself, but the butter thickens the sauce, gives it texture and flavor, and helps it stick to the wing.
If you want to spice up the sauce (and we usually do) simply add some cayenne and paprika to suit your tastes.
Pour the sauce in a airtight tupperware container and bring it to the game. When the wings are done, simply dump them in the tupperware container and give a vigorous shake to coat the wings with sauce. Serve with beer.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate
Must See Videos