Drew Brees And The Worst Games Ever By The Greatest Quarterbacks
Drew Brees is a bona fide future Hall of Fame quarterback: one of the most prolific passers in history, proud owner of numerous individual records for both passing yards and accuracy, and a Super Bowl MVP.
But even Hall of Fame QBs get the statistical blues. Brees was picked off five times at Atlanta Thursday night, the biggest reason the Falcons held on for a 23-13 win over the New Orleans Saints.
It was the first five-pick performance of Brees' career. His record of 54 straight games with a touchdown pass came to an end, too.
But Brees is hardly alone among great quarterbacks who turn out major-league duds.
Here’s a look at some of the more notable meltdowns by the game’s greatest quarterbacks. The list includes everyone from Johnny Unitas to Joe Namath to Dan Marino, Brett Favre and Peyton Manning. Brees is in good company.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team