Curt Schilling's favorite baked brie
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jan 06, 2010
Brian Poe is a friend of the Cold, Hard Football Facts who became Curt Schilling's personal chef when he was cooking in Phoenix while the three-time World Series champion played with the Diamondbacks.
Interestingly, Poe moved to Boston right before Schilling was traded to the Red Sox in 2004. He jokes that "I was traded to Boston first."
Today, Poe is the namesake of Poe's Kitchen at The Rattlesnake, a popular Boston watering hole, and still works as Schilling's private chef.
He says this is one of the pitcher's favorite plates while hosting parties.
Curt Schilling's Favorite Baked Brie
12 1-inch by ½-inch squares of puff pastry (store-bought pastry works)
6 1-inch cubes of high-quality aged brie (St. Andres, preferably)
2 to 3 oz. water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a clean cutting board, place six squares of puff pastry in a row. Top with cubes of brie, then top with remaining puff pastry squares. Press edges firmly together. Make an egg wash by mixing eggs with water. Brush tops of pastry. Bake for 5 minutes. Serves 1 to 2.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos