Chiefs First Team To Start 9-0 After Posting Worst Record In The League
A look at seven statistical highlights from games played at 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 3, the ninth week of the 2013 season. From NFL Media Services ...
- Philadelphia quarterback NICK FOLES tied the NFL single-game record with seven touchdown passes in the Eagles’ 49-20 win at Oakland. Foles completed 22 of 28 passes (78.6 percent) for 406 yards with seven touchdowns and no interceptions for a 158.3 passer rating.
Foles is one of seven players in NFL history to throw seven touchdown passes in a single game and joins Pro Football Hall of Famer Y.A. TITTLE (October 28, 1962) and PEYTON MANNING (September 5, 2013) as the only ones to accomplish the feat without throwing an interception.
Foles posted a 158.3 passer rating, the highest attainable mark. Foles and Tittle (151.4) are the only two in NFL history to register a 150+ passer rating in a seven-touchdown game.
- The KANSAS CITY CHIEFS improved to 9-0 with a 23-13 win at Buffalo. The Chiefs are the first team in NFL history to start 9-0 after posting the worst record in the league in the previous season.
Kansas City is the first club to allow 17 or fewer points in each of the first nine games of a season since the 1977 Atlanta Falcons.
In the Super Bowl era, 18 teams have started 9-0 and all 18 qualified for the playoffs. Eleven of those 18 clubs advanced to the Super Bowl and seven won the Super Bowl.
Kansas City head coach ANDY REID is the third head coach in NFL history to win his first nine games with a new team. He joins JIM CALDWELL (14 with the 2009 Indianapolis Colts) and WALLY LEMM (nine with the 1961 Houston Oilers) as the only head coaches to accomplish the feat.
- Dallas quarterback TONY ROMO passed for 337 yards and two touchdowns in the Cowboys’ 27-23 win over Minnesota. Romo improved his record as a starter to 22-4 (.846) in the month of November, the highest mark by a quarterback in the Super Bowl era (minimum 20 starts).
- Carolina quarterback CAM NEWTON passed for one touchdown and rushed for another in the Panthers’ 34-10 win over Atlanta. Newton, who played in his 40th career game, has accounted for 79 career touchdowns (53 passing, 26 rushing), the fourth-most total touchdowns in a player’s first 40 games in NFL history. Pro Football Hall of Famer DAN MARINO (92) ranks first in the category.
Newton is the only player in NFL history with 50+ passing touchdowns and 25+ rushing touchdowns in his first 40 games.
- Seattle quarterback RUSSELL WILSON threw two touchdown passes and rushed for one score in the Seahawks’ 27-24 overtime win over Tampa Bay. Wilson has now won all 12 of his career starts at home and is one of only four players since the 1970 merger to start a career with 12 consecutive home wins.
The Seahawks overcame a 21-point deficit, the largest comeback victory in franchise history. Seattle is 8-1 for the first time ever.
- New York Jets kicker NICK FOLK converted all four field-goal attempts in the Jets’ 26-20 win over New Orleans. Folk, who kicked field goals of 39, 21, 47 and 45 yards, has now made all 23 field-goal attempts to start the season. His streak of 23 consecutive field goals made is the longest current streak in the NFL and Folk’s streak of 23 field goals made in a row to start a season is the longest in franchise history.
- St. Louis head coach JEFF FISHER faced his former team, the Tennessee Titans, in the Titans’ 28-21 win. Fisher, who spent 17 seasons (1994-2010) as the head coach of the Oilers/Titans,joined Pro Football Hall of Famer CURLY LAMBEAU as the only head coaches in NFL history to face a team that he led for at least 17 seasons.
- Texans Roll Into Pittsburgh And Roll Over For Steelers
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego @ Denver: TNF Preview
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Dallas Downs New York Giants: 3 Things We Learned
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL On Sportsnet 590 The Fan Toronto
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team