Cold, Hard Football Facts for May 19, 2007
This certainly qualifies as a 225 Club instant classic.
An e-mail rolled into the Cold, Hard Football Facts cardboard-box world headquarters the other day from our friends at Jake's Dixie Roadhouse in Waltham, Mass.
They were touting something called "chicken-fried bacon." Needless to say, anything with the words "fried" and "bacon" in it strikes us as two great tastes that taste great together.
So we hunted down owner Don Yovicsin and asked him for the recipe. He just found out about it himself through a YouTube video and within 10 minutes was in the kitchen working on recipes. Check out the video here:
show video here
Here's how the guys at Jake's do it. Keep in mind that this is new to him – and to us (as of May 2007) – and he's still tweaking the recipe. We'll give it a try, too. If we come up with some more tips, we'll let you know. Or, if you give it a whirl, let us know how it goes and send along your ideas.
Jake's Dixie Roadhouse Chicken-Fried Bacon
1 c. flour
1 c. corn flour
1 T. salt
1 T. pepper
1 can condensed milk
16 slices of very thick-cut bacon
Preheat heavy pot with canola oil to 375 degrees. Mix flour, corn flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Pour milk into a separate bowl. Dredge bacon in flour mix, then milk, then flour again. Fry until golden crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with southern cream gravy, ranch or blue cheese dressing. Makes 4 servings.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos