CHFF TV Week 9: The Curse Of Flutie
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Nov 02, 2011
Why Houston will suffer a miserable defeat in the post-season
CORRECTION: the Chief Troll, in his haste to uncover the gory details of the Curse of Doug Flutie, made an error in this segment: the benching of Flutie and the Music City Miracle took place in 1999, not in 1998. We apologize for the error.
The Curse of Doug Flutie has struck again!! ... just as we predicted it would before Week 9 of the season. Our very-own extra-large medium, Kerry J. Byrne, predicted that the Texans, poised for the best season in franchise history, would suffer some miserable downfall thanks to the Curse of Flutie back on the Week 9 edition of CHFF TV with host Gary Tanguay and our pals from Comcast Sports Net.
And what happened after Week 10? The Texans learned that they had lost quarterback Matt Schaub, most likely for the season.
The Curse of Flutie laughs a maniacal laugh at its little Texans two-step of misfortune.
The Curse of Flutie basically says that any team that employs Wade Phillips is doomed to miserable failure -- usually due to some sort of downfall at the QB position and always on the heels of cruelly heightened expectations that make the pain all the worse.
Tanguay laughed at Byrne two weeks ago, accusing our Chubby Publisher of wearing Flutie feetie pajamas. But the only one laughing now is the Curse of Flutie.
Byrne discusses the Curse of Flutie in great detail this week on Sports Illustrated.com.
By the way, Byrne offered a tepid "no comment" when asked by Bob Costas if he had inappropriate relations with Flutie pajamas.
Read more: NFL
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos