CHFF troll: "thank God for sports bars"
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 05, 2007
After seeing the broadcast maps we published yesterday, Washingtonian and Cold, Hard Football Facts reader Jim Kelly (not the HOF one) wrote to thank the Fox network for giving every man in northern Washington State a reason to hit the local tavern on Sunday ... as if your rampant alcoholism wasn't reason enough.
The broadcast maps were cool. Thanks for posting the link. Here's something that you should know about: Fox isn't broadcasting NFL games form north of Spokane, WA to Pullman, WA. Why? The local cable carrier, Fox, and/or the local Fox affiliate, KAYU, are having a pissing contest. The cable company wants to have Fox pay for being broadcasted.
Fox doesn't want to pay for a service that people can get for free, and no one knows what KAYU is doing.
Fox states that anyone can get Fox for free because it is sent out over a network band. But how many televisions now have rabbit ears built in, or are capable of even using them? As I said, a pissing contest. And it has been going on since week fourteen of last year. No Fox at all in our region since then.
THANK GOD FOR SPORTS BARS.
Fox has now given every guy a legitimate reason to be in a bar on Sunday. And I never thought that I would see a bar full just so everyone could watch Family Guy. Anyway, thanks for the broadcast map post. Keep up the good work.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- The List: NFL's Top Performers in December
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate
Must See Videos