CHFF spreads across media like Third-World STD
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jan 29, 2008
The Cold, Hard Football Facts are all over the print and broadcast media this week. It kicked off yesterday with a spot on Mile High Sports Radio in Denver. Sadly, scorching-hot Broncos cheerleader and on-air talent Renee Herlocker (click here for a completely gratuitous photo of her) wasn't around yesterday during our talk. Surprise! A hottie doesn't want to talk to a troll. Go figure.
In any case, here's what we got going on (all times Eastern):
With two Packers legends on it, the Cold, Hard Football Facts definitive list of Top 10 quarterbacks drew a lot of attention in Wisconsin. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel columnist Bob Wolfley touted the list from the "combative crew at coldhardfootballfacts.com." Appleton Post-Crescent blogger Mike Woods also picked up on the story.
WEDNESDAY – 3:05 p.m.
When the News & Observer of Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina needed an expert in beer and football, they turned to the Cold, Hard Football Facts and asked Byrne to compare his two favorite subjects. The author, friend of the Cold, Hard Football Facts and "All About Beer" publisher Julie Bradford, kind of glossed over an inability to find a beer with which to compare the Giants as not knowing anything about the team. But, otherwise, a fun piece.
Byrne pieced together the ultimate Super Bowl tailgate for The Boston Herald, complete with recipes from top chefs such as Todd English to those from Cold, Hard Football Facts Forum member and troll Jay Hreczuck, who offered his "pulled pork for dummies."
THURSDAY – 3:25 p.m.
More on the 10 greatest quarterbacks ever with host and old pal Homer True on ESPN Radio Milwaukee. Listen live here.
THURSDAY – 4 p.m.
Byrne's appearance on Martha Stewart Living on Sirius Radio with host Kerry Nolan, originally scheduled for last week, has been moved to Thursday. Click here for more info. Also, you can kick the tires on Sirius by getting its free online trial.
THURSDAY – 5:05 p.m.
FRIDAY – 4 or 4:50 p.m.
SATURDAY – 10:20 a.m.
The Gerry V. Show New Orleans - We join New Orleans sports talk host, Hornest broadcaster and our buddy Gerry V. to talk shop one last time before the Super Bowl. Listen live here.
SATURDAY – 11:05 p.m.
WEEI Boston - The Boston sports radio station goes to live 24-hour Super Bowl coverage Saturday and we chime in with host Mike Mutnansky at 11:05 p.m., apparently because all the cool guests they could have had from Glendale will be in bed the night before the big game.
MONDAY - around 7:30 p.m.
Our pals from venerable Boston TV show "Chronicle" on WCVB-TV Channel 5 apparently enjoyed having us on before the conference title games. They've invited us again (around 7:30 p.m.), assuming New England wins the Super Bowl. We guess we'll get bumped for good hockey talk or something if the Patriots falter.
And just for fun, don't forget to click here for our gratuitious shot of Renee Herlocker from Mile High Sports radio.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos