CHFF Radio: Andre Tippett Talks Aldon Smith; Plus, Taste Of The NFL
Join the action by calling 508-298-0398 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week's fun- and fact-filled episode is headlined by Patriots Hall of Fame linebacker and pass-rushing specialist Andre Tippett and by famed chef Steve DiFillippo of Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse (Atlanta, Philly, Boston, Foxboro), who cooks each year at the Taste of the NFL.
Tippett will join us in studio to discuss San Francisco's outside linebacker Aldon Smith, the best young pass rusher in the game today. The 49ers visit the Patriots Sunday night in a potential Super Bowl preview.
Smith (33.5 sacks) has already broken Reggie White's record (31) for most sacks by a player in his first two seasons.
With 19.5 sacks this year alone, Smith has three games to break Michael Strahan's single-season record (22.5). Tippett racked up 35 sacks during his breakout 1984 and 1985 seasons.
DiFillippo is a Friend of the Facts who is one of the celebrity chefs featured each year at the Taste of the NFL. The glitzy fundraiser takes place each year the night before the Super Bowl in the host city, with one famous chef representing every NFL team.
DiFillippo represents the Boston culinary community and the New England Patriots. He is famed for his Philly cheesesteak spring rolls (decadent) and his gnocchi Bolognese. We were chatting with DiFillippo lat year at the Taste of the NFL when he was swarmed by Al Roker, Ann Curry and the gang from NBC's "Today" show, who raved about his food.
Byrne and Imig also tackle the NFL's iciest issues each week, break down the best teams in the NFL and analyze every game every week with their Stat Attack.
CHFF bon vivant Frankie C., the man who wears Tom Brady pajamas, joins at 5 p.m. with his irreverent take on football and on life.
Listen to the Week 14 episode right here. Hosts Imig and Byrne were joined by Super Bowl champion Steve DeOssie, the father of New York Giants long snapper (and two-time SB champ) Steve DeOssie, and by "Texans Chick" Steph Stradley.
Don't forget to catch Fantasy Football Champs on each Tuesday 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Football Nation each Thursday 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., also on Patriots.com Radio.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012