The CHFF Mardi Gras menu
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Feb 04, 2008
(Ed. Note: This piece originally ran on February 5, 2008, before that year's Mardi Gras).
It's Fat Tuesday, folks, a day when chubby little trolls like us feel a little special. And there's nothing better before than a little taste of Mardi Gras flavors from the Big Easy.
Lucky for you, the Cold, Hard Football Facts tailgate team, the 225 Club, has quite a few New Orleans recipes in its database (many from our friends at Louisana Cookin' magazine, who get them from great restaurants all across the state).
So, in the spirit of a celebration named for chubby trolls, here's a look at our Fat Tuesday menu. Try some of these recipes yourself and let us know what you think!
Right from the heat of Cajun country, in Lafayette, Louisiana
From Tujague's in the heart of the French Quarter comes this classic spicy condiment of a New Orleans shrimp boil. But you can spread it on anything.
A Louisiana classic from Bienvenu, the Cajun cookbook author.
From Ma's Meat Pies in Natchez, Louisiana. We can't find their website for some reason, and not sure what happened to it. But we do have their recipe.
A great recipe from the folks at Pampy's Creole Kitchen, which reopened after Hurricane Katrina in December 2006.
Pour it over pan-fried fish or chicken. Takes the health right out of it!
We adapted this recipe from the book "Cast-Iron Cooking" and it has become a stable of the Cold, Hard Football Facts cardboard-box world headquarters kitchen.
Straight from Louisiana'a "culinary ambassador to the world."
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- Congress Wants The Redskins To Change Name - I Want Congress To Change Its Name
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos