The CHFF Mardi Gras menu
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Feb 04, 2008
(Ed. Note: This piece originally ran on February 5, 2008, before that year's Mardi Gras).
It's Fat Tuesday, folks, a day when chubby little trolls like us feel a little special. And there's nothing better before than a little taste of Mardi Gras flavors from the Big Easy.
Lucky for you, the Cold, Hard Football Facts tailgate team, the 225 Club, has quite a few New Orleans recipes in its database (many from our friends at Louisana Cookin' magazine, who get them from great restaurants all across the state).
So, in the spirit of a celebration named for chubby trolls, here's a look at our Fat Tuesday menu. Try some of these recipes yourself and let us know what you think!
Right from the heat of Cajun country, in Lafayette, Louisiana
From Tujague's in the heart of the French Quarter comes this classic spicy condiment of a New Orleans shrimp boil. But you can spread it on anything.
A Louisiana classic from Bienvenu, the Cajun cookbook author.
From Ma's Meat Pies in Natchez, Louisiana. We can't find their website for some reason, and not sure what happened to it. But we do have their recipe.
A great recipe from the folks at Pampy's Creole Kitchen, which reopened after Hurricane Katrina in December 2006.
Pour it over pan-fried fish or chicken. Takes the health right out of it!
We adapted this recipe from the book "Cast-Iron Cooking" and it has become a stable of the Cold, Hard Football Facts cardboard-box world headquarters kitchen.
Straight from Louisiana'a "culinary ambassador to the world."
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Saints, Broncos Top NFL With 5 Quality Wins; 7 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Week 14 Scores And Stats
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- College Football Awards: Regular Season Finale Edition
- Slack Lines, Week 14: Luke-warm Heading Into Crunch Time
- Week 14 NFL Snapshots: Litmus Test Continues
Must See Videos