CHFF chats with Giants legend Phil Simms
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 23, 2010
The Cold, Hard Football Facts chatted the other day with Phil Simms, the former Giants quarterback and legend of Super Bowl XXI who now shares his knowledge in the CBS broadcast booth with Jim Nantz as the network's No. 1 crew.
Simms was making the circuit around the interwebs to promote his involvement with Safe Kids USA and the Fed Ex Air & Ground NFL Player of the Week program.
You can vote for your favorite player each week on line. Safe Kids, meanwhile, works to provide safe home and play environments for children.
Simms talks to the Chief Troll about his involvement in the program. We also asked him quickly about his "in the zone" performance in Super Bowl XXI and his most memorable moment in the broadcast booth. He relayed a story we had never heard: the time a Patriots fan tried to decapitate with him with an iceball during the famous Oakland-New England Snow Bowl game in Foxboro.
show video here
If the Chief Troll sounds a little casual, it's only because we didn't know we were getting a video of the interview. We thought we were just kind of bullsh*tting with him on the phone.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review
Must See Videos