CHFF chats with Giants legend Phil Simms
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 23, 2010
The Cold, Hard Football Facts chatted the other day with Phil Simms, the former Giants quarterback and legend of Super Bowl XXI who now shares his knowledge in the CBS broadcast booth with Jim Nantz as the network's No. 1 crew.
Simms was making the circuit around the interwebs to promote his involvement with Safe Kids USA and the Fed Ex Air & Ground NFL Player of the Week program.
You can vote for your favorite player each week on line. Safe Kids, meanwhile, works to provide safe home and play environments for children.
Simms talks to the Chief Troll about his involvement in the program. We also asked him quickly about his "in the zone" performance in Super Bowl XXI and his most memorable moment in the broadcast booth. He relayed a story we had never heard: the time a Patriots fan tried to decapitate with him with an iceball during the famous Oakland-New England Snow Bowl game in Foxboro.
show video here
If the Chief Troll sounds a little casual, it's only because we didn't know we were getting a video of the interview. We thought we were just kind of bullsh*tting with him on the phone.
From our partners
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team