CHFF chats with Giants legend Phil Simms
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 23, 2010
The Cold, Hard Football Facts chatted the other day with Phil Simms, the former Giants quarterback and legend of Super Bowl XXI who now shares his knowledge in the CBS broadcast booth with Jim Nantz as the network's No. 1 crew.
Simms was making the circuit around the interwebs to promote his involvement with Safe Kids USA and the Fed Ex Air & Ground NFL Player of the Week program.
You can vote for your favorite player each week on line. Safe Kids, meanwhile, works to provide safe home and play environments for children.
Simms talks to the Chief Troll about his involvement in the program. We also asked him quickly about his "in the zone" performance in Super Bowl XXI and his most memorable moment in the broadcast booth. He relayed a story we had never heard: the time a Patriots fan tried to decapitate with him with an iceball during the famous Oakland-New England Snow Bowl game in Foxboro.
show video here
If the Chief Troll sounds a little casual, it's only because we didn't know we were getting a video of the interview. We thought we were just kind of bullsh*tting with him on the phone.
From our partners
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team