Received your e-mail and can only tell you this. The contract was posted on the NFLPA website two days after the start of free agency, a site I check daily. I believe she now says it was March 7. I, and others, read it and discussed the particulars of this deal on March 4, all wondering who in their right mind would recommend signing so quickly a deal that paid minimum salaries and so little bonus money.
It is difficult for me to believe that the union posts such contracts for my eyes only several days in advance of Kristen. Perhaps it did not appear on her site until three days later but that is unlikely.
Kristen and I shared e-mails after the article appeared and respectfully disagreed on the wisdom of that contract and signing Pass so quickly to a minimum deal, especially when a day or two later a FB of equal or some would argue lesser talent got four times the bonus money. I'm sure you fellows will find some way to say Pass got a better deal than his peer in Houston however, which is your perogative.
All the best,
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012