Big Cat Daddy's chip-dipping sauce
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 13, 2007
We have tons of recipes to add, folks, including many sent to us by readers. We will soon have the greatest tailgate recipe database in the history of mankind, to go along with the greatest database of football analysis in the history of mankind.
It's a lethal one-two combination, like Hornung & Taylor, beer & wings, or cash & Thai massage parlor.
This reader recipe sounds interesting, because it was sent by a rather rotund-sounding man named Big Cat Daddy. His web page reflects one of our philosophies:
"Big Cat Daddy has never trusted a skinny cook! Big Cat Daddy is not skinny ... so trust me!"
Ahh, a fat man after our own artery-clogged heart.
Here's his recipe for chip-dipping sauce. Writes Big Cat: "The 225 Club will have to invest or have already invested in a blender. Enjoy, guys"
- 2 chipotle peppers, add more for more heat (CHFF crew suggest several more peppers, or two small cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce ... awaiting further suggestions from Big Cat himself)
- 1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 2 small (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Put all ingredients in blender and blend for 2 minutes. Makes about 32 ounces of dip.
From our partners
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- FF Champs Radio: Today From 12-2 pm ET
- NFL Games Averaging More Total Yards Than Ever
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- Wintry Images: Cinematic Snow Blankets NFL Week 14 Schedule
- Cold Hard Autopsy: Gary Kubiak And The Houston Texans
Must See Videos