Big Cat Daddy's chip-dipping sauce
Cold, Hard Football Facts for Jul 13, 2007
We have tons of recipes to add, folks, including many sent to us by readers. We will soon have the greatest tailgate recipe database in the history of mankind, to go along with the greatest database of football analysis in the history of mankind.
It's a lethal one-two combination, like Hornung & Taylor, beer & wings, or cash & Thai massage parlor.
This reader recipe sounds interesting, because it was sent by a rather rotund-sounding man named Big Cat Daddy. His web page reflects one of our philosophies:
"Big Cat Daddy has never trusted a skinny cook! Big Cat Daddy is not skinny ... so trust me!"
Ahh, a fat man after our own artery-clogged heart.
Here's his recipe for chip-dipping sauce. Writes Big Cat: "The 225 Club will have to invest or have already invested in a blender. Enjoy, guys"
- 2 chipotle peppers, add more for more heat (CHFF crew suggest several more peppers, or two small cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce ... awaiting further suggestions from Big Cat himself)
- 1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 2 small (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Put all ingredients in blender and blend for 2 minutes. Makes about 32 ounces of dip.
From our partners
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Oh The Horror: Jaguars Titans TNF Preview
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team